Re: Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - NOT LAUNCHING WINDOWS 8 x64

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - NOT LAUNCHING WINDOWS 8 x64

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello

Just bought the CnC collection yesterday, and every game works but one of my favorites, CnC TW 3.

It simply will not launch, whether I tried using a crack, launching it from the exe, or any other possible way in compatibility mode (Ran as administrator and have UAC off) it simply wont start up the launcher nor the game. Other games, such as Generals launches perfectly with showing the options of which game I choose to play.

I have also reinstalled this game in the default origin spot and chose a new slot, and then another slot on another hard drive. It will not launch.

Any help will be great! Thank you in advance!

Also, fixed the launcher not showing up using the Launcher fixes on the forums found AT (http://www.commandandconquer.com/for...ate-collectionbut the games still do not start up.

Message 1 of 35 (44,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I got an answer from support.  I pudated my graphics card and i made also and manually uninstalled origin with the help of this guide: http://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin . and now my games are workin

View in thread

Message 4 of 35 (53,230 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have this same problem. I discussed about it with chat support with no luck. Support escalated problem to a specialized team.

Message 2 of 35 (44,547 Views)

★★ Novice

Yah, just saw your forum. Let me know what they say!

Message 3 of 35 (44,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got an answer from support.  I pudated my graphics card and i made also and manually uninstalled origin with the help of this guide: http://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin . and now my games are workin

Message 4 of 35 (53,231 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah but why uninstall it? What does that achieve in relation to the game working? could you offer more of an explanation to us noobs?

Message 5 of 35 (43,986 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

At a guess, there was a corrupted existing install. Removing and reinstalling can help ensure everything's as it should be.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 35 (43,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im wondering if c&c 3 is stil available on line because i cant log in. E A and origin is no help as usual.  if the new general support is set up as stupitly as tw3 i wont be bothering with it. I have unninstalled my old game i bought on disk that used to work bought a new game from orgin that used to work unninstalled it reinstalled it, still wont let me log into multiplayer wtf you doing ea. last good thing youve don is tw3 why are you fing it up?

Message 7 of 35 (43,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. The launcher brings up a login dialog box, which then tells me it can't connect to the EA servers. What a load of crap. I just want to play the game OFFLINE. I made sure EA Origins was in OFFLINE Mode, and it made no difference. No wonder EA was voted worst comapny in the world two years in a row.

Message 8 of 35 (42,808 Views)

★ Novice

I am aware that the game sometimes cant connect if using some form of hamachi network. what i had to do is open up the processes menu and close hamachi manually, but also check the system tray to make sure its not open still. then after it is closed you can try and log in online. the first loggin attempt wont work but the second should. hope this helps hamachi users.

Message 9 of 35 (42,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. I've tried to run in compatibility mode with Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

2. I've tried to Run as Administrator.

3. I've tried to run with "Disable Origin in Game for this game" option.

Do you have any fresh solution for Windows 10? I've got the following message:

"This application is not compatible with the installed operating system.

Please, update Windows 98SE, WIndows 2000 or later system."

What can I do to run!?

Message 10 of 35 (38,134 Views)