C&C Zero Hour Not working on EA App

by WinRateGaming

Original Post

Re: C&C Zero Hour Not working on EA App

★★★★★ Newbie
@StarJekker Thank you man! Quick and easy solution. Excuse me while I go nerd out now Standard smile
Message 11 of 27 (2,489 Views)

★★★ Novice
@StarJekker thx it work but now i have the problem with admin priviliges
Message 12 of 27 (2,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Wootoro Open the command prompt by typing "cmd" into the start menu, but instead of pressing enter when the item shows up, right-click it and select "Run as administrator".

@StarJekker Note that depending on the Windows version, it might be necessary to put quotes around the path, for the "cd" command to work on a path with spaces in it. (Also, technically this depends on where the user's games library is located, though I guess anyone who changed that should know that stuff.)

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 13 of 27 (2,137 Views)

★★★★ Novice
wonderful!! it really worked. but then the slap in the face.. "Your game could not be started" due to an error on our part, the start failed!.... does anyone have a solution for this? I am already despairing.. Frown
Message 14 of 27 (1,836 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here, ea app worst * ever. 

Message 15 of 27 (1,810 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i reinstalled origin and added the following line to C:\ProgramData\Origin\local.xml:

<Setting key="MigrationDisabled" type="1" value="true" />

now you don't have to start it with ea app, because the ea app update won't show up. not the best solution but you can play the game. 

Message 16 of 27 (1,794 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem and your solution works well. Thank you.

Message 17 of 27 (1,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Help please. I follow steps to run but still can't launch C&C zero hour. It was stop working after using EA apps. My fav C&C zero hour gone.

Message 18 of 27 (1,646 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This fixed the installation for me but when I try to launch, it starts the EA App which fails to elevate permissions. Game doesn't launch. 

Message 19 of 27 (1,389 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

added the line but still after I log in to Origin it forces me to upgrade to EA App: "The EA app is your new home for PC gaming
Now's the time to upgrade. Install the EA app and log in with your EA Account to find all your games waiting for you."

Message 20 of 27 (1,385 Views)