Re: C&C Zero Hour Not working on EA App

by Sbaai1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

this does work for me, but only in part, the download works perfectly, after running the command prompts you provided, However after trying to run the game afterwards, I get an error message from the EA App saying the game could not be launched. I tried going around it, and running the executable from the file location, but even then it gives met the same error.

Message 21 of 27 (1,442 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having issues since I was forced on to the EA APP. everything was fine on Origin but since moving to the EA APP Generals fails to launch.

It will install no problem but when I click play it says "Hold up, this game needs permissions.  This game requires administrative privileges.  Do you want to grant access and launch game?"

When I click OK the EA APP minimises and then after about 5 seconds re-appears.  I never get access to the Generals launcher, where you choose between Generals and Generals Zero Hour

The Generals launcher, where you choose which version, is set to Admn mode as are both games but nothing loads, even when I launch from the Generals .exe files, when I do that it launches EA APP and I am back in the loop.

Any ideas?  I haven't been able to play Generals since early march and the only change is Origin to EA APP. 

Message 22 of 27 (1,360 Views)

★ Novice

We need help here 

Message 23 of 27 (1,211 Views)

Message 24 of 27 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I followed the prompts but I get an error that touchup.exe is not a valid program/batch file etc. Any ideas? Submitted multiple tickets and completely uninstalled and EA Support still can't resolve the issue

Message 25 of 27 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I managed to install the game through your instructions, yet after finishing the installation the EA app refuses to launch the game. It says it needs permission and askes me to grant access, without succes. Both the exe of the game and the EA app are being run through administrator mode. Any ideas?

Message 26 of 27 (801 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TobiasNL89 Did you try using GenPatcher?
Message 27 of 27 (753 Views)