Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

You have been playing the colossus wrong

by vb4vr

Original Post

You have been playing the colossus wrong

★★★★ Novice

I'm just going put it out there, incase the patch goes through and you can no longer do it. You have all been playing the colossus wrong. If you want to tank... listen up

The best build for the colossus is not a combo build. It is a very specific weapon with very specific inscription along 135,122armor(masterworks) or 155,223 armor (legendary).

Most OP meta

You need the legendary endless siege autocannon with the inscription weapon +220 or 250%. On top of the 100% ammo and damage( over 300% total). Granted this thing is extremely rare. I was lucky to get one with a 225%. Each round hit for 2k up normal, 3k up crit (GM3 mobs).  500 Round magazine = 1mil damage per magazine. Don't know how fast it fires yet but it's fast. Dps is way more than any of the other class garanteed.

How to get 130k armor... ditch 2 masterwork components and use 2 epic component as well as an epic support gear. You guys need to roll the for the 70% armor increase. Masterworks/legendary inscription sucks. Until they fix it, use epic instead. 

Here are the math, full legendary components x 6 (12518 armor each) = 87626 armor... compare to just 4 masterwork(10897 armor) and 3x70%(210%) armor increase = 135,122 armor. 

Add the voltaic dome/best defense combo... that's 45k heal per unit hit. Combos almost garuantees full heal.

I'm sitting at 135% + armor only with (102k armor) and I'm tanking GM1 bosses (up close and never block attacks) and even able to tank GM2 stronghold mobs. Tanks GM3 free play events all day.

Only gripe for GM3 is that you run out of ammo on one single mob... but with a full squad, Just run in and start tanking.

Message 1 of 9 (1,154 Views)

Re: You have been playing the colossus wrong

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just crafted a couple of autocannons, doesn't even get that type of inscription at all.

Yeah, don't even think about it at all. (at least for me lol)

Message 2 of 9 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The problem is that with the crappy loot system you can't even make build choices until after you've won the lottery.  I can't even craft the autocannon because I've not gotten one, and if I could I'd have to spend days grinding for mats just to have the barest chance to get such insane rolls on it. I've played with the Torrent as my main weapon all the way through 30 until Masterworks started popping up, but now I have to use whatever I can scrounge together just to be able to get a meager chance to get the weapons I enjoy back, and then I have to roll one with at least 200% extra damage for it to actually be good. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Gonna have to give it a shot, the fact that we can't craft MW components is poop but ya the + armor on epics...good call.
Message 4 of 9 (1,086 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Getting a MW weapon (or crafting one) with +225% Weapon DMG is incredibly rare, because the weapon DMG roll has 12 reported possibilities.

A more common roll that is also very good is the +150% Physical DMG, which only has a few different amounts. Physical DMG covers impact damage and all weapons except grenade launchers and the Devastator (which are blast dmg).

But yes, never ignore the +70-80% Max Armor rolls on gear or weapons. They are fantastic. I know that a lot of people want +Luck and +Crit damage, but there are better rolls in most situations.
Message 5 of 9 (963 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Anyone know if the +Shield actually makes the Colossus Shield stronger? I know it doesn't add Bars to the blue shield HUD, always at 10 bars.
Message 6 of 9 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Got that it is very op wrecks any mob even melts bosses

Message 7 of 9 (578 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yea I am sitting at around 200% extra armor on top of all my components. Got lucky with a drop legendary best defense with 200% charges and its great with voltaic dome. GM1 and 2 are a breeze as long as you are some attention at what you're doing.

Message 8 of 9 (343 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@vb4vr wrote:

I'm just going put it out there, incase the patch goes through and you can no longer do it. You have all been playing the colossus wrong. If you want to tank... listen up

The best build for the colossus is not a combo build. It is a very specific weapon with very specific inscription along 135,122armor(masterworks) or 155,223 armor (legendary).

Most OP meta

You need the legendary endless siege autocannon with the inscription weapon +220 or 250%. On top of the 100% ammo and damage( over 300% total). Granted this thing is extremely rare. I was lucky to get one with a 225%. Each round hit for 2k up normal, 3k up crit (GM3 mobs).  500 Round magazine = 1mil damage per magazine. Don't know how fast it fires yet but it's fast. Dps is way more than any of the other class garanteed.

How to get 130k armor... ditch 2 masterwork components and use 2 epic component as well as an epic support gear. You guys need to roll the for the 70% armor increase. Masterworks/legendary inscription sucks. Until they fix it, use epic instead. 

Here are the math, full legendary components x 6 (12518 armor each) = 87626 armor... compare to just 4 masterwork(10897 armor) and 3x70%(210%) armor increase = 135,122 armor. 

Add the voltaic dome/best defense combo... that's 45k heal per unit hit. Combos almost garuantees full heal.

I'm sitting at 135% + armor only with (102k armor) and I'm tanking GM1 bosses (up close and never block attacks) and even able to tank GM2 stronghold mobs. Tanks GM3 free play events all day.

Only gripe for GM3 is that you run out of ammo on one single mob... but with a full squad, Just run in and start tanking.

Your math is flawed.  You only compare components with +Armor, what about weapons?  I run weapons as stat sticks, with great +Armor and use the higher Armor amounts from Legendary Components to amplify my Armor.  So, really, you are playing the Colossus wrong if that is what you are going for.  You built your Colossus to main weapons, good luck with consistently reloading on GM3.

Message 9 of 9 (94 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help