Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Flak Cannon straight trash???

by TWOgirls1soleil

Original Post

Flak Cannon straight trash???

★★★★ Novice

So I am lvl25 Colossus and have equipped the Flak Cannon a few times. So far, it seems like utter trash...

Its a shotgun with 2 charges with huge spread, low damage, slow fire rate and cooldown seems too long. 

Is there a build that can use this ability with Master Works?

I don't want to bash the ability, but it just seems really bad... 

Flak is normally for taking out Air targets... Am I using the ability wrong by shooting guys on the ground? lol

Is it amazing at dropping Enemy Storms or Hovering Scar?

Message 1 of 16 (1,724 Views)

Re: Flak Cannon straight trash???

★★★★ Apprentice

In Unreal Tournament there was a weapon called a flak cannon that fired fragmentation shells that could also detonate them right in its barrel and cause a spray of shrapnel out the front, so for some reason flak cannon has become synonymous with shotguns in games, even though a flak cannon in real life is a high velocity gun that fires fragmentation shells into the air. 

As far as I can tell the flak cannon in Anthem isn't really all that useful. The masterwork version can reload itself when you kill someone with it once every 4 seconds, which would be quite awesome if you could charge through a large group of grunts you can one shot with this when you get close, but on the harder difficulties you don't get to have such vulgar amounts of fun.

Message 2 of 16 (1,713 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yup, it's pretty much trash.

A lot of the Colossus' special attacks are trash. They have lengthy cooldowns and actually don't even it as hard as some of the AOE attacks from the Storm.

4k Railgun or a 6k Burning Orb? No comparison.

Message 3 of 16 (1,704 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’d much prefer to see the Flak Cannon as a weapon type instead of a attachment, much like the one in Unreal Tournament.

Message 4 of 16 (1,664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Iv'e still yet to see anything top Flamethrower + Lightning Coil for Colossus.

Message 5 of 16 (1,638 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive had quite a bit of fun with Flamethrower + Wall of fire.    Everything burns and begs for you to melee it.

Message 6 of 16 (1,626 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
At lvl 30 I have the MW Flak cannon and i LOVE it.. I rolled it with 125% dmg though and when i roll in and I have found..amazing. Then again alot of the other weapons would do well with an extra 125% Standard smile
Message 7 of 16 (1,590 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Right on! I think +damage, +100% charges and some other abilities that increase R1 damage may make it viable. Glad that it't not useless ha!
I think that Flak Cannon would benefit from having a knockdown/stagger built into it.
Message 8 of 16 (1,581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I find Best defense to outclass just about everything. Oh you have fire. I have the ability to go from nearly dead to full health (if it hits 2 or more foes) in a instant no matter if it hits or not. Gotta say no full heal from nearly dead if you miss, you get the 35% but still something is better than nothing in a pinch. Two god roll endless sieges and call it a day. Run w/e for ordnance launcher.

Message 9 of 16 (1,575 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would say the Flak Cannon is one of the best raw damage abilities in the game. Couple it with a shotgun and voltaic dome and you're a serious force to be reckoned with

Message 10 of 16 (1,569 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help