Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Firewall mortar needs fix

by BadPanda_ltd

Original Post

Firewall mortar needs fix

★★★★ Novice

The firewall mortar does not create a fire wall if it hits an enemy. Have heard it suggested that this is working as intended. My question is why?  Whole point of the ability is to put up a FIRE WALL. Not to prime a single enemy. Add to the fact that where it would be most useful ie a clustered mob of enemies is where you are most likely to hit an enemy rather than the ground. And of course the target auto aim doesn't help with this issue either. Please address this. 

Message 1 of 10 (595 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That has never happened to me with firewall mortar. It has always and consistently created fire walls regardless of whether it hits an enemy directly or not. I know, cause I love dropping them on top of the Giant Shielded Scars. 

Message 2 of 10 (570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happens 100 % for me when hitting an enemy. Case in point is try to defend the platform in tyrant mine. Usually try to fire wall bottom of ramp but will only stay on the ground maybe every 3rd shot. Extremely frustrating. Can provide video evidence of it happening. I am aware that it won't stay if it's hits water or other certain objects as well but that's not what's happening in that instance. 

Message 3 of 10 (561 Views)

★★★★ Novice
mine also disappears if I hit just below a ledge if I'm shooting it up higher than my character. Also disappears if it lands in water... intentional? Not deep water that you can swim in, just the knee deep stuff. If it is intentional that's cheeky but annoying lol
Message 4 of 10 (557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea have heard the water thing is intentional. And yes water barely deep enough to wet your feet seems to prevent it. 

Message 5 of 10 (552 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree, as much as I love my Firewall Mortar, it doesn't always create a firewall, and often time the way the target snaps to an enemy can make it impossible to place the shells where you know they will work. For example in the Tyrant Mine, where you have to defend the platform from an onslaught of bugs. You want that firewall at the bottom of the ramp so they all have to run through it and get primed on their way up, but if a single one of them is on the ramp the target snaps to it and the firewalls often don't appear when the shell drops on the ramp instead of the ground.

It's also very frustrating that when you're firing at an Ursix, Titan or the Monitor you have to deliberately fire next to them so they end up standing in the fire, because if the shell hits  them it simply disappears and all chance of priming or dealing damage is lost.

Message 6 of 10 (535 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am not sure what you mean by it snapping to something I have never seen it do that.

What is see that it sometimes doenst create the firewall when it hits objects like, walls, rock or relecs.

I have never seen not able to do that on a mob.

Message 7 of 10 (420 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
Thus far, I haven't encountered this problem with Firewall, seems to be working fine for me, Having the MW/Leg upgrade Rubidium Furnace just improves on it. Hitting walls, Rocks.. and so. No idea whats going on with yours then.
Message 8 of 10 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you hit an enemy head on with the projectile, it will not create the firewall, atleast my Rubidium Furnace doesn't, never, same with turrets etc. Sometimes it doesn't create it at all even if not hitting enemy head on and don't think it's just the graphic missing due low end pc since the enemies don't catch on fire, maybe I just hit water or does water even affect it?

Message 9 of 10 (396 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine does not create a firewall if it hits an enemy or ledge. Its very frustrating. Other than that, I love this ability.

Message 10 of 10 (308 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help