Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Colossus should get a bonus to breaking out of ice/spider webs

by yannobot

Original Post

Colossus should get a bonus to breaking out of ice/spider webs

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the Colossus should get a significant bonus to breaking out of ice and spider webs, for two reasons: Since the colossus doesn't have a body shield it's way easier to freeze than other Javelins. It's much more difficult to protect yourself from crowd control effects in a Colossus, so it should be easier to break out of them as well. Secondly, it's supposed to be the physically strongest Javelin and an absolute juggernaut, yet it's the most susceptible to crowd control effects out of all of them. So it's both a mechanically and thematically out of place. 

Message 1 of 6 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Theres a Colossus master work item that gives a damage buff when effects like ice wear off

Message 2 of 6 (350 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That's nice and all, but I suspect I'd be able to do way more damage if I was just not frozen half the fight with certain enemies.

Message 3 of 6 (337 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I also get stuck in glitched out animations after breaking out of frozen.
Message 4 of 6 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Aetrion wrote:

That's nice and all, but I suspect I'd be able to do way more damage if I was just not frozen half the fight with certain enemies.

But you said in your original post you wanted a bonus for breaking out... which is it? 

You want a bonus for breaking out ..dev already has that implomented if you want it. If you didn't already know before the post then cool .. but now you know...and now your changing what you want. It's not a productive way to get changes made..dev won't listen to people that weekly only want to complain even in the face of the answer or solution wanted.

Message 5 of 6 (316 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@DrAHype wrote:

But you said in your original post you wanted a bonus for breaking out... which is it? 

He said he wants to get out faster, not get a buff for getting out. The MW buff itself it's pretty garbage though. I think the CC effects on Colossus should affect us similarly to the way it affects large Legendary enemies. Instead of stopping us, it should simply slows us down. On top of that, the effect itself should last no more than 1 second per application or we should be able to break out by hitting jump and/or melee once or twice.

Message 6 of 6 (261 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help