Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Colossus masterwork component change

by RandomNobodyGuy

Original Post

Colossus masterwork component change

★★★★ Novice

So before the latest update my one colossus masterwork component had over 10,000 armor boost and like 8,000 shield boost I think. Since the update it's been drastically reduced. 700 armor and 200 shield. Why? Was it considered an unfair advantage? Common colossus components have more armor and shield boosts. There's almost no reason to use these class specific masterwork components anymore. Can anyone else verify this? 

Message 1 of 8 (193 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also saw this and started to search of there was a bug or something. My MW/LEG components on colossus and interceptor are extremely low armor and shield. When I look at epic and rare they are so much higher then it goes to nothing. I couldn't figure out why my colossus couldn't stand up to anything anymore. I haven't played in a while cause division 2 is much more enjoyable. I figured I'd play and try out new stronghold and noticed the changes. Would like to know what's going on.

Message 2 of 8 (176 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I know, right? Thanks for confirming its not just me. Either it's a bug or something they did intentionally. I have since found a couple more masterwork colossus components and they have the same super low armor and shield. And as we know the class specific components usually have poor inscriptions so they're essentially useless. 

Message 3 of 8 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was just going through items and getting rid of overstock. I noticed this exact thing.  The stats on epics are 3x as high as all the MW I have equipped. Legendaries have the same stats as the MW components, this has got to be a bug of some sort.

According to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/epics-now-have-better-stats-than-masterworks/m-p/7823126#M2058...  its a known issue.

20190426064540_1.jpg

20190426070102_1.jpg

Message 4 of 8 (155 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for the screen shots. It's the armor and shield stats. I don't think anything else was affected. And yeah that's the other thing, way too easy to be legendary javelin now. I went straight from epic colossus to legendary with the same power rating. 

Message 5 of 8 (142 Views)

★★★★ Novice
No news then? Are we literally the last few people still playing this game?
Message 6 of 8 (84 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s a display bug. It still gives more than the epics. I tested by equipping MW pieces, counting armor pips, then equipped epics and recounted. MW’s give WAY more. Sucks that you can’t see how much more though, agreed

Message 7 of 8 (70 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This should have been fixed as of 1.1.1 I believe.
Message 8 of 8 (50 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help