Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Colossus Needs a Rework

by crackdownjr

Original Post

Re: Colossus Needs a Rework

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I absolutely loved playing the Colossus. They are extremely powerful at clearing trash with their ground slam and the shield charge is just fun as hell. I found it tanky enough, no issues and only played on Hard. It'll only get tankier with better gear. I hardly ever felt the need to use my actual guns, just my skills, melee and charge, most of the time.

People are asking for endgame balance when they've experienced level 10-15. It's a bit ridiculous really.

The Javelin is awesome. I hardly ever had to 'try' to avoid damage. If you're stood shooting from a distance with this thing, you're doing it wrong. It's high risk, high reward.

Oh.. and don't use that Warcry, it's garbage. You don't want to force everything to attack you when no one can heal you, ever. Get that skill out of your head permanently.

Message 71 of 152 (494 Views)

★★ Guide
This may sound rude but, is it just me or are all the people complaining the colossus is too weak or needs a re-work etc, all ones that refuse to adapt a playstyle that works with it and instead beg that it becomes an unkillable god.
Message 72 of 152 (483 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@OGgiraffrey12345 wrote:

The only change I think they need is making the assault launcher usable while shield is up. Not just the one shock attack. Outside of that he plays well to me. 

Agree. Colossus does not need a rework, but the shield needs that small change for more versatility.

Message 73 of 152 (457 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had a BLAST in my Colossus, its all I played upto the "Demo" went down untill release date.

Though I have noticed when trying to a leap/melee slam, you can get perma locked in the animation and not get out. I noticed this more with the Dominion Shotgun dudes. VERY ANNOYING.

Those damn bullet sponge spam canon elites with shields are STUPID.

Message 74 of 152 (451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bet there will be some masterwork stuff or abilitys in the lategame that can be used with the shield out. Right now we see very little of the game and IF the components gets better and better the colossus will be big later on when other javelins start to fall off. The first hour I toyed arround with my colossus was annoing but after I finaly got the exclusive components things started to feel much better.

The thing is.... your colossus is only as good as your team is. If you play with fools then you have a hard time and if you play with people with a bit of brain everything starts to work out fine and that is the biggest issue I had in the Demo. Everyone was running in like a lemming and I only had a few games where the random squad played arround the strenghts of the group.

Message 75 of 152 (442 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I've played Colossus since I could it and I've had no issues at all playing stronghold on Hard, learn the Javelin, adjust your loadout as to whats needed. And like its been stated, this is just the demo to give us an idea.
Message 76 of 152 (441 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not sure if using all weapons, but certainly being able to use many more abilities would be good. That is why everyone runs that shock ability because you can set it and forget it while shield is up or while using another weapon.

The other shock area ability is horrible.  It would be pretty good if it it could be fired and forgotten like that shock coil as well.  

I'm semi ok with not having a "shield" if i could reload and use abilities with shield up.  Perhaps also shoot from hip.. as well but unsure about that one. 

Message 77 of 152 (432 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep. The other shock ability should work the same as that coil as well imho.  

Message 78 of 152 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@RoamanXO wrote:

@OGgiraffrey12345 wrote:

The only change I think they need is making the assault launcher usable while shield is up. Not just the one shock attack. Outside of that he plays well to me. 

I agree with being able to use the should launcher for sure. I also think the other shock ability should be similar to coil, where you set it and it just runs. That ability is useless otherwise.

I also think possible you could allow the wrist mounted attack as well.. since the shield is on the left hand + "maybe" even allow low accuracy shooting too beside the shield but unsure about that.

Message 79 of 152 (426 Views)

★ Guide

If anything colossus overpowered yeah you have to activate shield but its 5 times the hp and recharge of other classes. Flamethrower combos are huge and 100 charges of it too. Add onto that the components they get far beyond what other classes have combining both better hp/armor and still having damage abilities. Asking for buffs for colossus just plain greedy.

Message 80 of 152 (461 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help