Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Colossus Needs a Rework

by crackdownjr

Original Post

Betreff: Colossus Needs a Rework

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

as it is already said. u kinda misunderstanding the role of the collossus. stand away from the traditional form of a tank that stands in front of evry1 and absorbs the damage

of the whole party.

on one hand the collossus can dish out massive damage and on the other hand with that dps he is tougher than all other javelins. this 2 facts would be already enough for me to know that he is awsome.

he got a provoking skill which prevents others from damage and let the enemy only attack him. see this skill as a live saver for the party. the collossus can prolly tank all the incoming

damage to save teammates but only for a limited time. he is played as an active tank. u need to pick up health in order to stay alive.

on harder difficulties it gets harder and harder to stay alive. yea of course it does!!! :-)

Message 91 of 152 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Already said it somewhere, first of all, I would suggest improving his shield usage, to make Colossus able to activate abilities and reviving teammates with raised shield. In my opinion it would increase his survival chances and his efficiency in general. If such rework would happen, we could determine, whether he needs further improvments.

Message 92 of 152 (286 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

Already said it somewhere, first of all, I would suggest improving his shield usage, to make Colossus able to activate abilities and reviving teammates with raised shield. In my opinion it would increase his survival chances and his efficiency in general. If such rework would happen, we could determine, whether he needs further improvments.

I disagree, on Hard I was already able to revive downed teammates with guns from a hovering hunter blazing at me along with trash mobs scattered around all pelting me. I'd only lose maybe 60% HP doing that, much less if I popped the support skill. being able to revive downed players in the heat of battle with the shield up would make doing so risk-free and I don't think that's a good idea based solely on the demo experience.

Message 93 of 152 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The Colossus is basically just a Big Cute Fluffy Grabbit Javelin, and really needs support by its team in order to really shine.

Colossus is the mascot Javelin of the Save the Grabbits Foundation! Support yours today!

Message 94 of 152 (273 Views)

★★★ Guide

@a10miletooth wrote:

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

I disagree, on Hard I was already able to revive downed teammates with guns from a hovering hunter blazing at me along with trash mobs scattered around all pelting me. I'd only lose maybe 60% HP doing that, much less if I popped the support skill. being able to revive downed players in the heat of battle with the shield up would make doing so risk-free and I don't think that's a good idea based solely on the demo experience.

In my cases, trash mobs were already dead, teams had to deal only with shielded snipers, machine gunners and other heavy mobs. You are not risk-free with the shiled, its being broken by snipers in 2 shots, or one gun burst. You only gain few extra seconds, as the shileds of other Javelins do.

Message 95 of 152 (272 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

@a10miletooth wrote:

@Hark0nnenn wrote:

In my cases, trash mobs were already dead, teams had to deal only with shielded snipers, machine gunners and other heavy mobs. You are not risk-free with the shiled, its being broken by snipers in 2 shots, or one gun burst. You only gain few extra seconds, as the shileds of other Javelins do.

That doesn't sound right to me, a sniper shot was taking less than 25% of my shield's strength playing on Hard. If you were stacking structural re-enforcement components they were probably bugged and you were only getting the benefits from one of them.

Message 96 of 152 (266 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was originally on the colossus is too weak team but...

Started playing him a bit differently.  The coil/flamethrower build is ridiculously good.  His melee attacks are great.

Starting out with the default gear, he's terrible compared to all the other javelins.  Once he gets some gear, he starts to feel better.

I think the challenge with the the colossus is they need to make the other builds more compelling.  On a team where you have guys with priming abilities, colossus melee is ridiculously good.  He really is the ultimate team player.  His extra health (if you use the right inscriptions) is NOT trivial.  You can keep going for quite some time.

The BIGGEST element to the Colossus' gameplay is the use of his shield.  That's what's going to separate a good colossus from a bad one.

They do need some love (Bioware has actually stated this directly, so those of you wishing for this, it's going to happen).  But really, it's not as dire as it seems.  They're going to have to be careful with what they do... Once I understood how to play him, he was stupid strong and I will be playing a colossus for release as he's only going to get better.

Thanks for reading.

Message 97 of 152 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you think about, I think you will realize that lightning coil is completely unnecessary. Why not just melee to detonate? To me, it’s a waste of a slot. Not only that, it just feels so passive to me. I’d rather run two primers.

At any rate, the more I think about it, the more it stands to reason a Colossus should be able to use abilities with the shield raised. Other javelins have a spherical shield that doesn’t drop when using abilities (or firing guns, but let’s not go crazy), so why should the colossus have to lower a directional shield? If they need to reduce health and shield a bit to compensate, that seems like a fair trade.

Whether they make changes or not, big stompy will be my bff when the release arrives.

Message 98 of 152 (245 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Banfilidh 

You are correct, it's just kind of a lazy way of doing it lol.

But still good for reaching targets out of melee range.  You'll still combo faster with the coil since the range is better.

Message 99 of 152 (243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@fintle wrote:

targets out of melee range.

———-

That’s what the jump button is for 😄

Message 100 of 152 (300 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help