Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Burst Mortar is the worst Ordnance Launcher. Here is why:

by Aetrion

Original Post

★ Apprentice

So i got and tested a legendary version of titans hail today after previously being incredibly disappointed with the masterwork variant i had, and ended up with a +225% dmg +21% universal dmg inscription set.

My masterwork was doing a totally of maybe 3-5k per hit, and as is the normal with the burst mortar, it was so inaccurate that i couldnt even justify the damage output by adding the hits together since its so random.

Trying the NEW one, as well as all the components that boost ability/L1 ability damage, it hits between 21-26k per shell depending on the enemy and with component boosts activated it can hit for ~40k per shell. Solo gm2 may not be the best metric for power, but i find it can reliably hit a flying storm and cause shield breaks now at midrange if you catch them not moving.

Taking the same build into a gm2 tyrant mines bossfight to mess with it i could reliably land 88k hits on the swarm queens weakspots, landing usually 2 of them as weakspot hits minimum depending on the distance away, but up close and with good aiming, usually 3-4 would hit a weakspot.

I still dont think its the best build and id still rather take soylent/ralners/voltaic dome into freeplay farming runs for the sheer speed of a clear, but in any activity that i dont feel comfortable with a pure melee range build i can definitely see it being viable so long as you manage to find one with good inscriptions and build for it.

Note: I used a MW railgun and ralners blaze with mine, since the railgun can reliably kill trash enemies with a good +dmg roll and ralners lets you prime at range without slotting a primer ability.

Message 11 of 13 (201 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Yea, but "It's ok in the second highest difficulty while doing 3 times normal damage" isn't exactly an endorsement for an ability.

Message 12 of 13 (194 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey im not calling it amazing, but it turned out to be more worth using than i expected after my first use. using best defense/soylent green/voltaic dome/firewall gets boring after a while, especially when a good 1/3 of the time i use firewall it just doesnt leave behind a fire pool.

Granted i dont have many abilities that rolled with decent +dmg mods on them yet, but its still refreshing to find a different way to play the javelin.

Message 13 of 13 (189 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help