Re: error 503s & general system error - cannot login!

by wacheson

Original Post

Re: tiberian twilight wont launch - steam purchase - win10

Community Manager

@holoduli Where are you located? 

EACade
Message 21 of 30 (3,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie
outside US Standard smile switzerland.. never mind, thanks for your concern. i gave up
Message 22 of 30 (3,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, Same issue here except I've got a s/h DVD copy of the game complete with serial (on the manual).

I'm in the UK

CC4 is not listed on the EA support page.

My lad has paid for this game and doesn't know why he can't play it.

Does 'General Error' mean something like 'This game is registered to another account?'

Thanks!

Message 23 of 30 (3,471 Views)

Community Manager

@cracker987654321 Hello! You'll want to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for this one, we can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ. 

EACade
Message 24 of 30 (3,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've since read the Ts and Cs of an EA purchase - it looks like transfer of a game disk & serial is not permitted. Buyer Beware! 

'General Error' could be rephrased into something more helpful in the installer.

Message 25 of 30 (3,459 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Excellent idea, thanks. Quick and easy fix.

Message 26 of 30 (3,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Download Origin client and add this game in ur game library with the code from the steam, start the game with Origin client.

Message 27 of 30 (2,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Problem solved. EA Costume Support more confused me. This clip helped me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex3tIL5EcjU
Message 28 of 30 (2,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ALL EA GAMES SHOULD BE PURCHASED BRAND NEW. I just found this out the hard way as well. After finally going to EA support I learned that you cannot buy EA games used as the registration keys are no longer valid. Once a registration code has been used for any EA game it cannot be used again. I bought C&C 4 used on eBay for $10 just to find this out. I was also getting the General System Error as well when I tried playing from the disc. I then went to Origins.com where I tried it there and was told the product key had already been used. Why they couldn't just call it something other than "General System Error" is beyond me but now I know I'll NEVER buy an EA game used. I can also tell you I'll never pay $60+ for a game I can never resell later on. Any EA games I buy will be factory sealed on Ebay for $20 or less. 

Message 29 of 30 (2,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found a really simple fix to this problem. 

1. open origin

2. game library

3. redeem on origin

4. now login through the launcher from steam

Message 30 of 30 (1,655 Views)