Re: How can I stop my acct from forcing a password change

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

How can I stop my acct from forcing a password change

★★★ Newbie

I have just about had it.  Is there anyway to disable my acct being reset from unknown logins.  I truly dont give a flying F if someone gets in.  I want to know if theres somewhere I can go to disable it.  I need it to stop.  I dont want to enable cell phone tow factor, I dont want an alternate email address I need for it to just Fin stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 10 (1,787 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @ZMcybsZM.

The only way to get this to stop is to set up two factor authentication. It should only take a minute. You can find out more about this here. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess you missed the part where I didnt want to set that up.  Please read THE WHOLE THING.  THX. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ZMcybsZM 

I read the whole thing. This is why I stressed that the only way to get this to stop is to use two factor authentication. If you don't want to set that up, this issue will persist.

Something that may help, but will take just as long to set up, is to create a new eMail address. That way, it's one that nobody should know so they wouldn't be trying to gain access to your account. That should work for a little while at least.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well its happening on multiple accts.  Reply should of just been you cant.  End of story

Message 5 of 10 (1,727 Views)

Community Manager

@ZMcybsZM 

You can't disable the notices, but you can stop them from happening. It takes only a minute, but if that's not something you want to do, this issue will persist.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bro, I already have my cell set to 1 acct.  Im sure you cant have the same cell on more then 1 acct. So it doesnt take a minute.  It simply cant happen

Message 7 of 10 (1,698 Views)

Community Manager

@ZMcybsZM 

There are different methods for two factor authentication. You can be sent text, you can use the google authenticator app (most secure method) or be sent an email. Without TFA, your account is going to be very susceptible to being hacked and you will continue to experience the notifications.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not going to keep going back and forth with this bs.  I cant make you stop forcing password resets therefore I just have to deal.

Message 9 of 10 (1,655 Views)

Community Manager

@B4ngur4nus 

Ok. If you change your mind and need some help with this, let us know. Take care and stay safe.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,650 Views)