Re: Error code NU2001

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error code NU2001

★★ Novice

Hello, got problem with buying funds - every time I try to buy - getting error code NU2001.

Tried to use different PC and different credit cards, doesn't help. 

Tried to contact EA advisor but they said need to wait for expert team, but I'm waiting already 3 weeks, so mb you guys know what the problem? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 61 (29,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

The NU2001 code is payment and billing related. It could appear after changing payment method a couple of times, or purchasing with a US credit card from e.g. Mexico or a wide array of other reasons. If you encounter this error code you have to contact EA billing support advisors at help.ea.com and ask for a unlock. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 61 (29,234 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hello guys,

This is a known problem, and while the teams are trying to fix it, there is a functional workaround for it:

- create an account on another of the Play4Free games (Lord of Ultima or Battleforge, for instance)

- buy Funds from their platform

- those Funds should appear this time without problem and carry over for all Play4Free games, including Tiberium Alliances.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 9 of 61 (28,717 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

Please go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Then type Battlefield Heroes in the game box. Then select "Billing/Purchasing" as the type of issue, and finally your platform (Broswer or PC are the same). Then you will get the option to explain your problem by e-mail (you can explain it in French, it will be answered by a French person) and one of our Game Advisors will answer you. Standard smile

(the problems with Funds in the Play4Free games are the same for P4F every game, so indeed, you can use this thread to talk about it, it doesn't matter Wink)

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.

View in thread

Message 16 of 61 (6,530 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

The NU2001 code is payment and billing related. It could appear after changing payment method a couple of times, or purchasing with a US credit card from e.g. Mexico or a wide array of other reasons. If you encounter this error code you have to contact EA billing support advisors at help.ea.com and ask for a unlock. 

Message 2 of 61 (29,235 Views)

★★ Novice

I contacted advisors, they said can't do much, just call expert team and wait untill they contact me with email, still waiting.

Thanks for answer. 

Message 3 of 61 (29,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have the same problem.I don't have differant credit cards or live in Mexico ! my research through forums has shown this is a problem for many players and weeks later...No contact from EA games and problem not resolved ! EA games turns over billions of $$$$ a year.I wonder how much money they are losing because issues such as these are not resolved in a timely matter, if they are ever resolved. This is a brilliant game, but I am losing patiance with EA's apparent ability to do nothing !

Message 4 of 61 (28,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Two months later and still no resolution. My emails to support are getting deleted without being read. I'd like a job like that.

Message 5 of 61 (28,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same error for two days now.  Makes me mad as heck.  I wonder how much $$$ EA and Pogo make on our misfortunes?!!!!

Message 6 of 61 (28,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Youve experienced error code NU2001. This means there was either a problem processing your billing information or the transaction. If you continue to see this error please contact EA Help via the game-specific HELP link for assistance.

Have same problem and very dificult found help support.

Message 7 of 61 (28,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly what happened to me. EA better be compensating for impeding our progress and the loss of potential resources. Also, all our time spent on the stupid game only to get stuck. I've also waited for nearly 2 months now.

Message 8 of 61 (28,517 Views)
Highlighted

Hello guys,

This is a known problem, and while the teams are trying to fix it, there is a functional workaround for it:

- create an account on another of the Play4Free games (Lord of Ultima or Battleforge, for instance)

- buy Funds from their platform

- those Funds should appear this time without problem and carry over for all Play4Free games, including Tiberium Alliances.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 61 (28,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If that is the case, everytime I purchase funds for BattlefieldP4F, I should see Boost in NFSW.  This does not happen either, so now what.  I've missed out on several things and am about to miss out on more because I can't pay.  To the person who said it was a bank issue, it's not.  I get an error through PayPal, my pre-pay Visa card, as well as my bank issued Visa debit card.  The issue is EA's, not the bank.

Message 10 of 61 (28,466 Views)