Cannot add funds when in another country?

by TuffLittleUnit

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cannot add funds when in another country?

★★ Novice

I live in the UK and play on a European server but I'm currently on vacation in the USA.  In the UK I was able to successfully purchase Play4Free funds but since I've been in the US I've found I can't add funds either by PayPal or by a direct credit card payment.

My assumption is that EA is checking the IP address and rejecting the purchase because I'm in a different territory, even though the funds are still quoted in my home currency (GBP).  I can see that this would be a legitimate security check for the first time a payment type was being used but it seems a bit daft not to allow me to reuse the same details when I already made a purchase in my home territory.

Does anyone have a similar experience?  The whole attraction of C&C TA was that it is browser based and plays on my laptop which makes it portable.

Message 1 of 3 (1,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot add funds when in another country?

★ Pro

This is pretty standard security protocol. But we can't help you here and neither can the guys at the Tiberian Alliances forums. EA customer support, however, can. It should be fairly self-explanatory but in case you need it here is a step-by-step guide as to how to get help.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,231 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi - thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.  The security check seems over the top given that I've already used the same payment details with the same account.  If it was the first time they were being used together then I'd absolutely expect it to be blocked but not when it's already a verified/validated pair.

Ah well, as I'm on vacation I guess I'll spend my cash on more sunblock rather than chasing around EA support Standard smile

Thanks again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,223 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

This is pretty standard security protocol. But we can't help you here and neither can the guys at the Tiberian Alliances forums. EA customer support, however, can. It should be fairly self-explanatory but in case you need it here is a step-by-step guide as to how to get help.

Message 2 of 3 (1,232 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi - thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.  The security check seems over the top given that I've already used the same payment details with the same account.  If it was the first time they were being used together then I'd absolutely expect it to be blocked but not when it's already a verified/validated pair.

Ah well, as I'm on vacation I guess I'll spend my cash on more sunblock rather than chasing around EA support Standard smile

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3 (1,224 Views)