Re: tiberium wars origins vs steam game performance

by chubbbychaser

Original Post

tiberium wars origins vs steam game performance

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

anyone that has the game on both platforms? the steam version seems to run worse than origin version. getting stable 60fps on origin version on highest graphics setting but struggleing with 40 fps on medium setting.

dont know about how gameplay is. if origin version is as poorly done in singleplayer as the steam version though i heard bad things about both

got the game installed on an ssd though got an old amd r9 version

Message 1 of 8 (1,226 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is really strange as all the C&C games run at a locked 30 FPS (caused by the old game engine). Running it at a higher FPS causes the games to run faster. So, did you unlock the FPS or set a higher FPS at the skirmish menu? Do you run any modifications or mods on either versions of Tiberium wars? Do you run both at the same resolution and setting?

Message 2 of 8 (1,193 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

no i got the standard settings and running with 19/10 resolution

yeee * lovely. got the same old broken bug when units repeteadly refuse to follow orders. have to spam an order to get them to move in another direction

Message 3 of 8 (1,188 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How did you then get to run the game at 40 fps when it always should be 60? How did you measure this?

Message 4 of 8 (1,126 Views)

★★ Apprentice

through steam interface and through nvidia shadowplay on origin. can also see how smooth it is running

Message 5 of 8 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No, this is how you measured the framerate. I'm asking you how you got it to run above 30 FPS, which normally shouldn't happen.

Message 6 of 8 (1,053 Views)

★★ Apprentice

just having a modern computer and installing the game on an ssd

Message 7 of 8 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@chubbbychaser Ok, let me try to explain it and ask it for one more time: These games have a pre-programmed 30 FPS-lock. How did you manage to get 60 FPS? Did you enable a higher game speed at the Skirmish menu? Did you make or installed any modifications to the game? Or did it just happen when you started it up for the first time without doing anything? Running at higher than 30 FPS makes the game run faster as the gamespeed is tied to the FPS you get. So, do you also get higher than 30 fps in the campaign? And you want higher game speed? In that case, it is indeed strange that the Origin and Steam versions have different performance..... Make sure both versions have the same visual settings enabled (both on max as almost any computer nowadays can run it flawlessly) and see it there is then still a FPS-difference. Does the FPS ever go above 60? Please answer all the questions or I can't help you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,012 Views)