tiberian sun doesn't run on windows 10

by mstrtb

Original Post

Re: tiberian sun doesn't run on windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having same issue on tiberian sun, loads and then freezes after I make any selection from the menu. I installed off origin collection running on windows 10...also not tech savvy so please keep in mind when responding. Thanks

I see your patch download on the forum do I just save it and try and run the game or do I have to save it to a specific area...I'm sorry PC's are not my thing. I generally stick to all things gun related but trying something new here.

Message 11 of 19 (5,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have tried the suggested patch only it doesn't work either

Message 12 of 19 (5,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can somebody please re-apply the patch list for Tiberium Sun. I know this thread is from 2016 but my Tiberium Sun problems are the same. It boots up and then stays in the loading screen the moment you click "New Game". I would really appreciate it if I could get this problem fixed. I love this game.

Thank you and I appreciate all responses

Ace Bermuda

Message 13 of 19 (5,158 Views)

Hero

@ACEBermuda 

I'm... honestly not sure what happened there; external links have never been an issue before. Anyway, I linked to the same patches in several other threads here. I suggest you look here.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 14 of 19 (5,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I might try it again, but maybe not. I think it's beyond unacceptable that EA takes my money but doesn't give flying f**k that the game doesn't run as stated in their product description.

EA

a) relying on volunteers

b) posting external (http-)links that

c) want to be run as administrator (!)

is less than bad practice -- it's such a f**cked up combination that it makes me wanna puke. The LEAST they should do is provide a fix themselves and host it themselves. (No offense to you Nyerguds, but I won't run code from somewhere as admin - as nobody should!)

EA should be soooo ashamed! But they clearly aren't... Never gonna buy anything from them again.

Message 15 of 19 (4,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's sad they cant make an official fix, instead we have to rely on the community for one.

Message 16 of 19 (3,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. Even when I had the Ultimate collection in 2005, I wasn't able to play either Tiberian Suns. I downloaded the patch and am now playing the campaign. This is literally the best thing ever. Thanks for this. 

Message 17 of 19 (2,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

Chunmai there isn't any problem with the file that is in the link as its from a very dedicated community that is trying to preserve and make sure people can play this amazing series of games that currently EA is neglecting and not fixing problems that come up.

Message 18 of 19 (2,176 Views)

Hero
@Z3r0Fear To be fair, the game is freeware, so it's really only included the TUC for completeness' sake.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 19 of 19 (1,032 Views)