Re: tiberian sun doesn't run on windows 10

by KenBlock43Ro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

tiberian sun doesn't run on windows 10

★★★ Novice

Hi, I bought the complete C&C collection from Origin Access and Tiberian Sun just doesn't run on Windows 10. IS there a patch or will you refund some of the cost to me?

I know you probably don't like people saying this but, if I pay for it, I want it to work or my money back.

Message 1 of 19 (165,047 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mstrtb

Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. For Red Alert 2 there's a more general patch that solves a lot of its graphics problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems, including the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.
  • If you still have problems with RA2 even after this, I advise installing the CnCNet installer for RA2/YR. It comes with a bunch of automatic fixes, and has a configuration tool which offers more choices in graphics fixes than just DDWrapper, so if one doesn't work you can just try if some of the other options do the trick.

I hope that'll help fix your problems. If not, the people on the forum of cncnet.org can probably help you further.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (165,077 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mstrtb

Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. For Red Alert 2 there's a more general patch that solves a lot of its graphics problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a multitude of graphics problems, including the "black screen" issue.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and try running the game again.
  • If you still have problems with RA2 even after this, I advise installing the CnCNet installer for RA2/YR. It comes with a bunch of automatic fixes, and has a configuration tool which offers more choices in graphics fixes than just DDWrapper, so if one doesn't work you can just try if some of the other options do the trick.

I hope that'll help fix your problems. If not, the people on the forum of cncnet.org can probably help you further.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 19 (165,078 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Ok. But before patch, i can't run the Game installer because of 2 problems.

1st- Could not find VBRUN60.EXE

2nd- DirectX Error (Action not supported)

Message 3 of 19 (152,338 Views)

Hero

@KenBlock43Ro

First of all, none of these issues are related to this thread. You should make your own thread to ask new questions.

And secondly, you never even specify which game you are talking about. This collection contains quite a bunch of them, and each of them can have pretty different issues.

Message 4 of 19 (152,318 Views)

★ Apprentice
yes he does say which game he is talking about read the first line...
Message 5 of 19 (151,342 Views)

Hero

@Drysyn 

What first line? He just said "the game", and that's not the person who made the original topic. You assume he's talking about TS just because he posted in a TS thread. I've learned that that's a dangerous assumption. People post irrelevant stuff anywhere if they think someone will read it Disappointed

Message 6 of 19 (151,170 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Unless you are referring to something we are not seeing, he specifically says "Tiberium Sun." I too purchased the same collection of Command and Conquer that he is referring to, and so far all the games I have tried are working except for Tiberium Sun. The game will boot up, but if I select any option in the main menu the game just freezes. Oddly enough, I had a similar problem when I bought a similar collection about 10 years ago when my PC at the time ran Vista. Every game worked except for Renegade and the expansion to Tiberium Sun, and even in the main game I was unable to save- but that aside. Sorry if you are referring to something else, but the man seems to have very clearly stated his issues are with "Tiberium Sun" specifically. 

Message 7 of 19 (144,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tblackmon4

@tblackmon4 wrote:

Unless you are referring to something we are not seeing, he specifically says "Tiberium Sun."

Again, the person I replied to there is not the person who made this thread. mstrtb mentioned Tiberian Sun, and I answered him by giving a list of patches. KenBlock43Ro did no such thing, and none of the things he said were relevant to this thread, so I answered him by saying exactly that.

As for your problem, the inability to save usually means the game is installed in a location where it's not allowed to write, like inside the Program Files folder. The sanest solution is to change your Origin settings to put the folder in which your Origin games will be installed to a different location, so problems like that no longer occur with older games. Alternately, you can edit the properties of the sun.exe file in the TS game folder to make sure it always runs in Administrator mode.

@tblackmon4 wrote:

the man seems to have very clearly stated his issues are with "Tiberium Sun" specifically.

Since you keep on stressing that, I can't help but point out... no, he didn't. The game is called "Tiberian Sun".

Message 8 of 19 (144,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank god for community, cause EA doesnt give a flying f*** about their old games and franchises they literally killed off. This is disgusting.

Message 9 of 19 (130,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you very much Nyerguds for the Patch list. I appreciate!
Message 10 of 19 (128,640 Views)