Re: red alert directx 9 problem

by 2zqgft6oczzr

Original Post

red alert directx 9 problem

★★★★ Novice

I played Red Alert 3 without any problem but suddenly one day I couldn't start the game and got an error saying "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display Control panel."

I didn't change anything on my computer before it happened. It just randomly happened and now I can't get it to work.

Message 1 of 6 (1,128 Views)

Hero

@Bryggaren4 Peculiar. Could be Windows updates or something. You could try reinstalling the DirectX 9.0c components; that might solve it?

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (1,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks but I've done that at least 5 times already. Doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled RA3 numerous times too.Ive searched the net for hours without finding anything that works.

Message 3 of 6 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

doesnt work. tried tons of things. a certain file is missing. what is it?

Message 4 of 6 (902 Views)

Hero

@2zqgft6oczzr 

Exactly what error message do you get?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 6 (590 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Nyerguds Looking through old topics? :P
Message 6 of 6 (538 Views)