red alert 2 language

by DonKilleone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

red alert 2 language

★★ Novice

I just got Red Alert 2 "on the house" and now I want to install it, but the only available language seems to be German, I hate playing in German. Is there any way around that?

Message 1 of 16 (13,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: red alert 2 language

[ Edited ]
Hero

Language is based on region - EA has to obey German laws, and they prohibit the uncensored (non-German) version from being sold in Germany.

If you are indeed in Germany, I have no idea how you can get around that. If you're not, and this appears to be an error, I advise you to contact EA tech support through help.ea.com.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (14,930 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Language is based on region - EA has to obey German laws, and they prohibit the uncensored (non-German) version from being sold in Germany.

If you are indeed in Germany, I have no idea how you can get around that. If you're not, and this appears to be an error, I advise you to contact EA tech support through help.ea.com.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 16 (14,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem. Austria doesn't have german laws for quite some time now actually.

However help.ea.com doesn't even have an option for Red Alert 2.

How should I proceed?

Message 3 of 16 (13,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ahh, you can just select some other C&C game; the issue is a general one you'd have for all C&C games anyway. Just choose one, fill in the dropdown lists with "general issue" or whatever, give a short description of your issue, and click on until you get to a page where you get a link to open a live chat with an EA representative.

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=command-and-conquer&platform=pc

These people can actually look into your account and change things if needed. Since you live in Austria, chances are you can make them switch the German RA2 for an English one.

Message 4 of 16 (13,862 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks, I was afraid that was the case. It's not always great to live in Germany as a gamer... :-/
Message 5 of 16 (13,858 Views)

Hero

@DonKilleone The people on the live tech support chat might not know about the German laws thing, though. Maybe you can get it replaced anyway Tongue out

Message 6 of 16 (13,855 Views)

★★ Novice
Hehe. Thanks, I might try that! C&C Generals is English and uncut on my account, somehow it didn't seem to be a problem then...
Message 7 of 16 (13,851 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DonKilleone Did you get that from the Humble Origin Bundle? If so, the explanation is simple; the Humble Origin Bundle simply gave you a key for the whole pack, and the Generals included in that pack was the English version of Generals Wink

Message 8 of 16 (13,844 Views)

★★ Novice

I believe you're right, that's probably where I got it

Message 9 of 16 (13,819 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, I had a nice chat with support and now I have the English version!

Message 10 of 16 (13,816 Views)