Re: origin version of Command and Conquer 3 TW and mods

by pontiki123451

Original Post

Accepted Solution

origin version of Command and Conquer 3 TW and mods

★ Novice

Hello ea hello comunitiy,

i've got an issue with my c&c 3 tw. I want to play mods with the origin version of the game and i've allready made an mod folder with some mods in it. Now my problem is when i start the game over steam to get the launcher the mods don't appear under the brows game option. Do you get my problem?

I really need help.

Kind regards

argonlegendsStandard smile

Message 1 of 3 (7,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@argonlegends

Hi,

Are the mods located under "My Documents\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\"? Each mod should have a separate folder in there, containing a file with a .SkuDef extension.

Alternately, a mod can be launched by making a shortcut to the C&C3 exe file, with added command line argument  "-modconfig" followed by the full path to that .skudef file. For example:

"C:\Games\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" -modconfig "E:\Download\mods\TiberianDawn\TiberianDawn_0.2.SkuDef"

As you see, this way, the .skudef file doesn't need to be in the game's mods folder under My Documents.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (8,297 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@argonlegends

Hi,

Are the mods located under "My Documents\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\"? Each mod should have a separate folder in there, containing a file with a .SkuDef extension.

Alternately, a mod can be launched by making a shortcut to the C&C3 exe file, with added command line argument  "-modconfig" followed by the full path to that .skudef file. For example:

"C:\Games\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" -modconfig "E:\Download\mods\TiberianDawn\TiberianDawn_0.2.SkuDef"

As you see, this way, the .skudef file doesn't need to be in the game's mods folder under My Documents.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (8,298 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I know that many years have passed and probably few of us are left playing c&c games. One thing I never saw on forums about the mods installation was the way to install the mod manually without any commands or shortcuts and stuff. For me, it's better to not confuse myself with all of those. Keep in mind though that this way is leaving the mod permanently installed into your game until you go back and undo what you did when you installed it. No worries you don't need to delete files. So lets start.

To insert a mod :
Go to Tiberium wars file through origin games file.
First, paste the .SKUDEF file of the mod you downloaded into the Command Conquer 3 Tiberium wars folder.
Second inside the c&c Tiberium wars folder go to Core --> 1.9
Third paste there the .BIG file of your mod inside there.
Fourth inside the 1.9 folder open the text file named config it should look like this :

add-big patch9.big

add-config ..\1.8\config.txt

Now go and add this line in between:
/////
add-big patch9.big
add-big (put the name of the big file of the mod here).big
add-config ..\1.8\config.txt
/////

Now SAVE IT!
Your mod is now installed and will be activated until you uninstall it manually again.

(The ///// are not supposed to be there I used them to separate the steps from the text written inside the file.)

I hope I helped some like me that have been searching for an answer like this for a while. It's very easy compared to the other solutions if you have the origin version. Have fun!Standard smile:eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 3 (6,796 Views)