i can't play C&C Generals Zero Hour online ?

by mjxp7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i can't play C&C Generals Zero Hour online ?

★★ Novice

I bought Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection

I want to get the file to run the game directly without origin launcher

i can't launch C&C Generals Zero Hour without origin launcher
because of that i can't play the game with my friends online on Game Ranger
http://www.gameranger.com/

How can people have a non-genuine copy of the game to play online
And I purchased an original copy and I can not play online ?

Message 1 of 23 (85,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i can't play C&C Generals Zero Hour online ?

★★★★ Novice

the fixed launchers are here http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/index.php/topic/26695-fixed-launchers-for-the-ultimate-colle...

BUT the origin verson and the cd version have a slight problem with update versions and are incompatable so cracked versions of the game may not appear online due to vesion error so tell your friends to buy the game on origin

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (93,890 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

the fixed launchers are here http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/index.php/topic/26695-fixed-launchers-for-the-ultimate-colle...

BUT the origin verson and the cd version have a slight problem with update versions and are incompatable so cracked versions of the game may not appear online due to vesion error so tell your friends to buy the game on origin

Message 2 of 23 (93,891 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks to reply

Message 3 of 23 (85,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't log online with my Origin version of Generals Zero Hour or even create a new account.  How can I do that?

Message 4 of 23 (85,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue

Message 5 of 23 (84,493 Views)

★ Novice

I have the original CD version of C&C Generals Zero Hour from back in the day. After installing the game today on my Windows 7 64 but system, I clicked on Multiplayer and then Online. The game then told me that I need to download an update and I clicked download. While attempting to download the update the game says "Download Error. Could not connect."

What am I supposed to do?

Message 6 of 23 (84,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem...

This is really ridiculous, how can you get the normal quicklaunch for zeroHour...Cant play on Gameranger... i buy the game only to play on gameranger and now...it wont work cause of that...really annoying...Theres no more server on zeroHour ... any helps???

Message 7 of 23 (83,889 Views)

Hero

Zero Hour used Gamespy for its online play, but the whole system has been shut down as of the beginning of this month.

However, community servers have already been set up, so it should be possible to play online that way. More information on that can be found at http://cnc-online.net/

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 8 of 23 (83,880 Views)

★ Novice

cntrl alt del just as the update starts, then click task manager, which will pop you back to the desktop where you will see a windows request to auth the download click allow and this click on the the zero hour icon on your task bar or click on taskmgr and right click zh then maxi whoop whoop your back in the game 

Message 9 of 23 (83,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[SOLUTION]!!!! (install gentools FIRST) 

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM! AND I TRIED SO MANY THINGS....

THIS FIXED IT...

IF YOU HAVE GENTOOLS... gentools auto-locks the mouse such that when you play in game ranger, the auto-navigation when joining a persons room is prevented!!!

1. launch generals

2. press "insert" when you see the gentools logo. (this brings up the menu with options)

3. turn off "cursor-lock mouse" in gentools

FIXED. 

Message 10 of 23 (80,236 Views)