Re: how to play command and conquer the ultimate collection OFFLINE

by BosozukuJDMstyle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to play command and conquer the ultimate collection OFFLINE

★★★ Newbie

HELP

I RECENTLY PURCHASED COMMAND AND CONQUER :THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION. I DO NOT WISH TO PLAY THESE GAMES ONLINE JUST TO SIMPLY PLAY AT MY PC. ALL I GET IS THE ERROR WE CANT DO THIS ANYMORE MESSAGE ON YOUR WEBSITE AND THE SOUNDTRACK FROM THE DISC.

Message 1 of 8 (6,646 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

You have to download it first. After that, the games work offline.

Except C&C3 and its expansion, I think. Sorry, C&C4. It has an "always-online" type copy protection :-\

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,900 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

You have to download it first. After that, the games work offline.

Except C&C3 and its expansion, I think. Sorry, C&C4. It has an "always-online" type copy protection :-\

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 8 (6,901 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
How do u platy C&C4 offline
Message 3 of 8 (5,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie
After getting the ultimate collection only command and conquer 4 is online only the rest you can play offline..
Message 4 of 8 (5,695 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry to say that everytime Ive try to play offline i cant---- wont let me

So what are you doing that i'm not   its downloaded but unless i have internet i cant play and ive try since 2014 and kepps telling me i need to verify the account

and i did that when i downloaded it    ive repaired all the games that with the disk and played all of them expect firestorm which does not seem to work at all and EA wont reply to question about it

Message 5 of 8 (4,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is completely false. It is now 2023 and EA supports still tells me "We are working on fixing your issue". Maybe for a period of time you could, but you sure as Hell can't anymore.

Message 6 of 8 (1,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bmabe1944 I have tried and tried to play offline with no success. It plays online ok so obviously I have downloaded game. After selecting 'play offline' as per EA advice, an error message appears sayng cant connect. Only time it works offline is by having an internet connection in first place then select go offline which completly defeats the object as have no internet as thatswhy want to play offline.
Very disappointed RUBBISH
Message 7 of 8 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got the Ea pass and played C&C remastered for a few hours, then all of a sudden it would not load, just spinning blue circle that locked up my pc and required restart.

Went to a location with fast internet and the game played again fine there. So i purchased the game so I could play it offline.  The game still does not load even though i own it now. 

Message 8 of 8 (607 Views)