help required please

by manicluke

Original Post

Accepted Solution

help required please

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just downloaded C&C tiberian twilight 4, 

Once download via origin, I clicked to play the game however when I do it comes up with this error message and wont let me go any further

unhandled exception: System.component.win32 exception: the requested operation requires elevation at system.diagnostics.process.startwithcreateprocess(processstartinfostartinf)

it continues but theres much more and  cant copy and paste, if you need me to write out the rest of the message. i can.

Regard.

Message 1 of 3 (378 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: help required please

★ Pro

More info is probably redundant. This error is ridiculously common.

This error can be caused by a number of things as far as I know. There is no one size fits all solution. Here are several things that have worked:

Make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Make sure DirectX is up to date.

and

a. Grant Administrator + your user account FULL Permission on the AppsData\Local\Temp\ folder
b. Exclude from your firewalls/antivirus/proxies the following:
---b.1. EA.COM = allow any program to access this domain/site without being cached/scanned
---b.2. CnC4.exe, EADM.exe, CnC4LauncherUpdate.exe = Exclude these files from being scanned by your antivirus. Allow these programs through your firewall to go anywhere, and to accept any connection
---b.3. CnC4 Folder, EA Download manager Folder = Exclude these from your antivirus/antispyware scanners
c. Reboot, and play the game

[EADM.exe  and EA Download Manager should probably be replaced with Origin.exe and Origin respectively]

This might work and might not work. You'll have to try it for yourself.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (380 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

More info from the error message could help a lot.

Try running the game as administrator. Right click on the games shortcut or exe and run as admin.

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

★ Pro

More info is probably redundant. This error is ridiculously common.

This error can be caused by a number of things as far as I know. There is no one size fits all solution. Here are several things that have worked:

Make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Make sure DirectX is up to date.

and

a. Grant Administrator + your user account FULL Permission on the AppsData\Local\Temp\ folder
b. Exclude from your firewalls/antivirus/proxies the following:
---b.1. EA.COM = allow any program to access this domain/site without being cached/scanned
---b.2. CnC4.exe, EADM.exe, CnC4LauncherUpdate.exe = Exclude these files from being scanned by your antivirus. Allow these programs through your firewall to go anywhere, and to accept any connection
---b.3. CnC4 Folder, EA Download manager Folder = Exclude these from your antivirus/antispyware scanners
c. Reboot, and play the game

[EADM.exe  and EA Download Manager should probably be replaced with Origin.exe and Origin respectively]

This might work and might not work. You'll have to try it for yourself.

Message 3 of 3 (381 Views)