games not installing/not running correctly

by Radgo5

Original Post

games not installing/not running correctly

★★ Novice

I am having issues installing some command and conquer games.  Specifically tiberian sun, but I have had issues with all the games running.  Is there some technical support that is in use for these, or are these just left in the wind and I cannot play them?

Message 1 of 6 (572 Views)

Re: games not installing/not running correctly

★★★ Newbie

i am having problems with red alert 2 yuri revenge game crashes and makes me main home screen smaller and bad resolution i had to reset manufacturer settings on my brand new lap top twice trying to play this 

Message 2 of 6 (537 Views)

Hero

@Radgo5 

@cappy1776 

A lot of the games have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings.

Generals:

• GenTool seems to be the main patch for Generals these days. The website is kind of vague on what it does besides restoring multiplayer and adding anti-cheat, but I heard it does a lot to make it work better on modern OSes too.

Renegade:

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 3 of 6 (502 Views)

★★ Novice

I will try some of these, but what I am getting from this is that they have basically abandoned these games in terms of tech support.  Meaning they no longer monitor and/or try to fix issues.  That is really annoying.

Message 4 of 6 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Radgo5 

Well, yes. Which is why community patchers like me took over.

As long as you get it working in the end, I don't see the issue. The original teams that made these games are long gone anyway, so it's not like people at EA would do a particularly better job at fixing them than anyone in the C&C community would.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 6 (427 Views)

★★ Novice

I understand that.  Thank you for your help, I was just venting my frustration at not being able to do the initial file download for the games, let alone patches.

Message 6 of 6 (408 Views)