Re: command and conquer zero hour, unable to play online

by Nyerguds

Original Post

command and conquer zero hour, unable to play online

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I purchased and downloaded command and conquer zero hour, i am able to play single player but its not connecting to multiplayer at all. My internet is working fine, origin is logged in with my ea id. I am using it on PC. 

Kindly help, 

Message 1 of 2 (860 Views)

Re: command and conquer zero hour, unable to play online

Hero

@abhisheshp 

Generals, Zero Hour, C&C3, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 all used the Gamespy system for their online play, but the whole system has been shut down in July 2014. Not really EA's fault; they're just one of the many companies whose slightly older games lost online support because of it. The shop page also explicitly mentions that:

PLEASE NOTE: INTERNET MATCHMAKING FOR SOME OF THE GAMES IN THIS COMPILATION IS PROVIDED BY GAMESPY AND THE COMPANY HAS DEACTIVATED THESE SERVICES. HOWEVER, MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS WILL CONTINUE TO FUNCTION IN THESE GAMES THROUGH LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN) CONNECTION. FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE READ EA’S ONLINE SERVICE UPDATES PAGE.

Specific setup and installation info can be found on the "setup page" on their site.

For the classics (Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2) you can use CnCNet.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 2 (778 Views)