command and conquer generals

by JohnPoyoKirby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

command and conquer generals

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

so i did some web searching and that didnt do much good. when ever i try to run the game i get this error please make sure you have directx8.1 or higher installed. also verify the video card meets the minimum requirements. i tried installing direct 8.1 from the game files but that didnt do the trick and turned off UAC. i am running windows 10 64 bit. also i tried compatibility settings with no luck. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,805 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: command and conquer generals

★★★★ Guide
@JohnPoyoKirby You really tried everything I said and have no modifications installed? Then please try to update your graphics driver and re-install the game.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,693 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@JohnPoyoKirby Please follow these steps: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Generals#DirectX_8.1_error_.28Windows.29 Please follow these steps, even if you think you've already done so. Please report back if that worked.
Message 2 of 10 (1,788 Views)

★ Apprentice

did as it said but i still have the issue 

Message 3 of 10 (1,755 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JohnPoyoKirby Disable all applied compatibility settings to how they previously were. You're sure you really followed all the steps and didn't skip some, because you think you've already done them? If you did everything, then please try all the steps below ""Technical Difficulties" error/Serious Error": https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Generals#.22Technical_Difficulties.22_error.2... I've heard that these solutions could also help with this error, especially the Options.ini-solution. Please report back if it helped Standard smile
Message 4 of 10 (1,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

yeah still no luck Frown i still get the directx error 

Message 5 of 10 (1,721 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JohnPoyoKirby You really tried everything I said and have no modifications installed? Then please try to update your graphics driver and re-install the game.
Message 6 of 10 (1,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

it finally started working after i reinstalled it which is weird cause i tried that before and it didnt work the first time thank you for your time Standard smile 

Message 7 of 10 (1,670 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JohnPoyoKirby CNC-games are just weird :P
Message 8 of 10 (1,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey guys, my laptop is using an amd radeon graphics, and when it starts loading, it shuts down after a while, and when i run troubleshoot it says its compatibility , how do i solve this?

Message 9 of 10 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Simple fix:

delete dbghelp.dll from game folder

(do a search in the program files x86 folder and you'll find it).

That's it.  Works perfectly now  :-)

Enjoy

Message 10 of 10 (983 Views)