Original Post

command and conquer generals was working on my windows 10 now it isnt

★ Novice

command and conquer generals was working on my windows 10 now it isnt

Message 1 of 6 (714 Views)

Re: command and conquer generals was working on my windows 10 now it isnt

Hero

@lantzville 

Isn't working how, exactly? Does it not start at all? Does it crash on startup? Does it crash in-game? What error message do you get?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (701 Views)

★ Novice

it says i need to have directx 8.1 or higher installed and verify that my video card meets minimum requirements 

Message 3 of 6 (696 Views)

★ Novice

it wont start the game 

Message 4 of 6 (695 Views)

Hero

@lantzville 

If you have issues with DirectX errors popping up, find and delete the file "dbghelp.dll" in the game's install folder. It's some testing dll the developers forgot to remove and it causes issues on modern DirectX versions.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 6 (650 Views)

★ Novice

i dont seem to have that command  or i cant find it

Message 6 of 6 (641 Views)