command & conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Campaign Can't click in some spots

by CallMeWhiskers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

command & conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Campaign Can't click in some spots

★★ Novice

In skirmish I do not have this issue.  In both campaigns, there is a dead-zone in the middle-right side of the screen where the mouse does nothing: hover does nothing and clicking does nothing.  This makes the campaigns quite unplayable.  

Playing on Windows 10

Is there any solution to this?

Message 1 of 7 (1,657 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: command & conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Campaign Can't click in some spots

Hero

@CallMeWhiskers

Bizarre. Never heard of an issue like that. Almost sounds like there's like, an invisible message box or something blocking your screen.

Have you tried different resolutions?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,809 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@CallMeWhiskers

Bizarre. Never heard of an issue like that. Almost sounds like there's like, an invisible message box or something blocking your screen.

Have you tried different resolutions?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 7 (1,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

At first, I thought you were spot in with the resolution idea.  I set it to default and things looked good.  But as I've kept playing, I've noticed the same issue still exists.  BUT if I ALT+TAB out of the game and then re-enter the game, dead zone is gone.

Message 3 of 7 (1,590 Views)

★★ Novice

My next step will be to have no other apps running, see if that makes a difference.

Message 4 of 7 (1,589 Views)

Hero

@CallMeWhiskers

Maybe it's a malfunction in some Origin overlay... check the Origin settings of the game and see if the origin integration is disabled; From what I've seen, none of the C&C games handle it well.

Message 5 of 7 (1,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just had to work on this issue for my in-laws and ended up figuring out that the problem was the Windows 10 "Game Bar."

Turning it off via Game Bar Settings accessed from the start menu solved the issue for us. Alt-Tabbing in and out also worked.
Message 6 of 7 (1,375 Views)

Hero

@Aiji777 

Very interesting information! Thanks for that!

Message 7 of 7 (1,252 Views)