can i play the command and conquer games on windows 10?

by maniak93

Original Post

Highlighted

can i play the command and conquer games on windows 10?

★★★ Newbie

Is the Command and Conquer Ultimate collection compatible with Windows 10?

Message 1 of 4 (4,405 Views)

Re: can i play the command and conquer games on windows 10?

[ Edited ]
Hero

I advise you to look in these threads; I go over pretty much all the games there:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/C-amp-C-Ultimate-Collection-amp-Windows-10/td-p...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Windows-10-compatibility/m-p/5140793#M12866

The overall answer is, "yes, the games will probably all work, but you will need to install a couple of community patches"

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (4,325 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there, sorry to bother you but you seem like the C&C wizard. 
I’m having issues with my C&C Kane’s Wrath launching, I get the dreaded, “Fatal Error, Exception in Exception Handling.” My laptop is Windows 10 and I most likely have Intel Graphic Drivers, I see all the lovely threads and links but I’m not the greatest with computers, is there any chance you can help me in greater detail? I can pay you for it if you like, I’m dying to play Kane’s Wrath one of my favourite games of all time. All the solutions found would most likely fix my issue, I just don’t know how to do them properly, many thanks. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Glxve 

Given the fact I am subscribed to the C&C:TUC forum, I get notifications of all new threads posted in there. However, I do not get notifications of replies added in threads unless they are specifically directed at me with the '@' notification system. So please, if you have questions in the future, don't post them in other people's threads like this. It's a surefire way of decreasing the chances of me noticing them. I don't always check these XP increase messages.

As for your error, the "Exception in Exception Handler" issue has been identified as a problem specific to the later drivers of the Intel HD graphics cards. More info on that can be found here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Kane-s-Wrath-quot-Fatal-Error-Exception-in-Exce...

If you have an actual graphics card in your PC besides the Intel HD one, you should be able to go into that card's control panel and ensure that C&C3 uses that card instead of the Intel HD one.

If you don't have another graphics card, the only solution that has been found so far is downgrading the drivers to an older version, from around June 2014.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (1,395 Views)