Re: c

by Nyerguds

Original Post

c

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought C&C collection mainly to play RA2 and Yuri's revenge. the only game that is working is Tiberium Twiliight. RA2 and Yuri's revenge everytimes gives me an error of administrative privilage is needed. I have changed all the exe files in the files to make have administrative privilage but it fails. I have made each exe file to run in compatible mood of windows 98 and still not working basically following every thing in this thread : "https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/c-amp-c-red-alert-2-and-yuri-string-manager-fa..."

I couldn't download the fix File that was in the last post in that thread.

I have also trialled to clear cash of the EA games program and it fails.

Message 1 of 4 (429 Views)

Hero

@vwscr10xc0i4 

A lot of the games have been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen on startup" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings.

Generals:

• GenTool seems to be the main patch for Generals these days. The website is kind of vague on what it does besides restoring multiplayer and adding anti-cheat, but I heard it does a lot to make it work better on modern OSes too.
  • If you have issues with DirectX errors popping up, find and delete the file "dbghelp.dll" in the game's install folder.

Renegade:

Note that the fact the game asks for administrator privileges on startup is because you have installed it under the C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder, where the game normally does not have permission to write in its own install folder. These older games keep their settings inside their install folder, so they need heightened privileges in order to function properly. The only way around this is to change the library folder in which your games are installed to a location outside Program Files.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (387 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot for your reply,

the patch for C&C RA2 and Yuri worked well but doesn't allow me to access missions / campaign.

and I have already installed the games in another complete partition outside of C. but still the same problem.

is there any way else around it ?

Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@vwscr10xc0i4 Your problem there is that you're actually using the CnCNet launcher to get into the game. Don't do that; it's for multiplay. After installing the CnCNet package on your game, the fixes are applied, so you can simply launch it normally as you did before.

Normally, the error that it needs admin privileges shouldn't prevent you from launching the game, though. Just accept the prompt to elevate its user rights and it should still launch.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (360 Views)