Where can I legally buy C&C Generals that runs on Windows 10?

by PeterisHEK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Where can I legally buy C&C Generals that runs on Windows 10?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I only want to play C&C Generals and Generals: Zero Hour. It's a great game, but I can't find it on EA's website. Nor are they on Steam. What's the matter?

Message 1 of 6 (1,404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Where can I legally buy C&C Generals that runs on Windows 10?

Hero
@PeterisHEK They are part of Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection. They can't be bought separately outside that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,371 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@PeterisHEK They are part of Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection. They can't be bought separately outside that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for answer.

But I can't find the option to buy the Ultimate edition. I only see the Reamastered Edition. Is it so difficult to give an opportunity to buy an old dsgame for a small fee? It makes me crazy all its  subscription fees if I want to play nostalgically just one night a month.

Message 3 of 6 (1,351 Views)

★ Novice

Yes i have that same problem. The EA game library makes it look like the game (or collection) is for sale. But if you actually click the link you end up at the wrong page. I actually have the original generals and zero hour discs, but i'd gladly pay again for a downloadable version, instead of going through the hassle of installing it from disc.

So, what can we expect EA? Is this something that will be fixed in the near future? Or is the game just lost forever?

Message 4 of 6 (1,297 Views)

★ Novice
@kleineGeneraal ok, forget my last msg. I installed the launcher and found it
Message 5 of 6 (1,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sad thing is.... WIth EA.... The game will crash no matter what you do, because EA Games is not willing to help their community out and update the game so it works on newer versions of Windows... Overall, if you need a fix for the game if it does break, you need to look at 500 websites and download about 2000 things to find out exactly what is wrong with the game..... I wouldn't recommend it, I am done with this crap anyhow, I just want EA to make the game compatible with Win10 and Win11.... That is the only thing I want, this will maybe take a week of their time to fix tops, no more maybe less..... But will they ever listen??? No!

Message 6 of 6 (1,121 Views)