Where buy C&C Ultimate Collection - physical version

by MrCrowCZ

Original Post

Where buy C&C Ultimate Collection - physical version

★ Novice

I love to buy this physical version, I already own First Decade. And I want to buy this one. I know this version is much digital than physical but I want to know where can I get this:

digital version

17 Command & Conquer titles *
    Early access to Command & Conquer
    20 song music compilation CD **

+ psysical version - I want that Standard smile So, I love to spend my money for this but i don't know where...

Exclusive commemorative art **

Message 1 of 9 (3,426 Views)

Re: Where buy C&C Ultimate Collection - physical version

★ Apprentice

maybe amazon?

Message 2 of 9 (3,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

There is no physical disc for Ultimate edition

You can only download of of origin

all that you get for buying the "physical edition is commemorative memorabillia

However if you still wish to purchase it then you can purchase it through the origin site, there is a selection tab on the right hand of the screen just under the Buy Now button

Message 3 of 9 (3,388 Views)

★ Novice

I know there is no physical CD/DVD Im talk about that "exlusive commemorative art"

Message 4 of 9 (3,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just Origin ,,,and also Origin full of prob 

Message 5 of 9 (2,783 Views)

★★ Guide

There is no physical release of The Ultimate Collection. All boxed copies contain merely a redeemable key that has to be entered into Origin.

Message 6 of 9 (2,778 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @MrCrowCZ

Where did you see this version? Do you have a picture perhaps or a site where someone listed it?

Because as far as my knowledge goes, the last physical C&C collection of games was the C&C SAGA. This is also the last physical copy of the game I personally purchased. Here is a picture of it: https://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mIg8C5I_M34-pIEh3xpnlig.jpg

Other than this version I don't know of any other after that, not including code in box versions.

Hope This Helps

Take Care Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (2,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the original C&C physical disc soundtrack so there is a hard copy of that if anyone is still interested!

Message 8 of 9 (1,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cgarcia0825

There are a bunch of those. From what I've gathered over years of research and collecting, these are all the sources of CD audio tracks of the C&C games up to RA2:

• For C&C1, CD audio versions of the tracks can be found by combining the tracks found on the official soundtrack CD, the CD audio on the Covert Operations CD, and the Sega Saturn version, which streams its music from its CD as CD audio and contains tracks not found in the other two sources.
  • Red Alert 1 has its soundtrack CD, some versions of which contain the exclusive bonus track "Surf No Mercy" at the end. The original CDs of the "Counterstrike" and "The Aftermath" expansions both contain CD audio tracks, though sadly both CDs have the same tracks, which is music from the Counterstrike expansion. The Red Alert music remixes that were used in the Playstation version "Retaliation" can be found on the Sole Survivor CD as CD audio tracks (together with some of the C&C1 Covert Operations music).
  • Tiberian Sun has its own soundtrack CD.
  • The soundtrack CD of Red Alert 2 can be found in the collector's edition of the game.
  • C&C Renegade has its own soundtrack CD.

Besides the individual official soundtrack CDs there's also a C&C soundtracks collection pack containing the soundtracks of C&C1, RA1, TS and RA2, but which lacks the Renegade soundtrack.

With all that stuff combined, though, a lot of tracks are still missing; notably expansion pack music of RA: The Aftermath, TS: Firestorm and RA2: Yuri's Revenge. There are some other sources, though:

• For C&C1 and RA1, the Playstation versions of the game contain compressed but stereo versions of the game music, though I'm not sure if their soundtracks are complete. You will need tools to extract and convert those, though.
  • The definitive source of stereo MP3s of the C&C tracks is undoubtedly Frank Klepacki's website, where pretty much all tracks ever made for the C&C series can be streamed, and it's not too hard to look into the page source and figure out the source of these streams, and save them directly as MP3 files.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 9 of 9 (1,725 Views)