We want Generals 2

by oONoxicOo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

We want Generals 2

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

listen, we all know Generals 2 was cancelled not because it "wasn't the game we wanted" but because of "corporate politics and shenanigans". in 2013 we were told,

"EA announced that a beta version for Command & Conquer is currently in the works however, development will be under a new game company. No further details were released by EA."

and nothing has been said and now we're in 2020 with still no word. we were since disgraced with a mobile game but at least the remasters are coming out. command and conquer fans deserve something, we don't just forget these things. i am not the only one who has been waiting years for a word about generals 2

Message 1 of 11 (2,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: We want Generals 2

★★★★ Guide

@OopsNoxicOo I hope also a Generals 2 would be developed in the future. But then with the development started from scratch with a proper single player campaign. But I think there is only a veeeeery small chance that this will ever happen.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (2,348 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@OopsNoxicOo 

Who exactly is "we" in that context? I personally played the Generals 2 beta back then (on CommandCom 2013), but I don't have any particular desire for a Generals 2.

And yea, a bunch of stuff happened back then that wasn't right, but, I dunno. It's been more than six years. It's dead.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 11 (2,364 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@OopsNoxicOo I hope also a Generals 2 would be developed in the future. But then with the development started from scratch with a proper single player campaign. But I think there is only a veeeeery small chance that this will ever happen.

Message 3 of 11 (2,349 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly, the released footage looks absolutely amazing.

Let's hope that EA continues development on this game.

It's a shame to leave everything behind at this state.

Message 4 of 11 (2,335 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Venomess They probably would have to start development fully over again to meet the graphics standards of these dates and to accomodate to new hardware. Also, they would need to take out the microtransactions etc. So, yeah, beginning from scratch seems to be the logical choice after 7 years of no development and the whole Generals 2.CNC-team gone.
Message 5 of 11 (2,318 Views)

★★ Novice
@Nyerguds we as in me and everyone that wants a new game
Message 6 of 11 (2,256 Views)

Hero

@Venomess 

Game engine was a mess, though. Frostbite was not suitable to be used as RTS engine.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 7 of 11 (2,221 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree a lot of people out there, wants Generals 2 to be realesedd!!! We want Generals 2 or Generals Zero Hour Remastered!!!

Message 8 of 11 (2,107 Views)

★★ Novice
@OopsNoxicOo YESSS! Do you think EA will ever remaster Generals like they did with Red Alerts??
Message 9 of 11 (2,105 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@csaliba007 Please don't double-post here haha, just edit your old messages. And yes, I would love a remaster of Generals and its expansion pack. But I would hope they would then not just remaster the campaign, but also remake the campaign to make things like the story and the campaign more entertaining. I did like the in-game engine cut-scenes, but the ZH-news broadcast cut-scenes always really annoyed me... If I were you and you want your voice to be heard, I would advice you to talk more about it on the CNC-Reddit as some EA employees and many other CNC-enthusiasts are there Standard smile
Message 10 of 11 (2,035 Views)