Tiberian Sun freezes up at main menu

by Jercoolkunz

Original Post

Re: Tiberian Sun freezes up at main menu

★★ Novice

Having trouble with playing tiberian sun. tried the TSpatch and it freezes on mission 1 lunching screen. What could you suggest? 

Message 11 of 28 (3,193 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@leonbeilin Are you using the disc-version, CNCNet version or the Ultimate Collection? What problems do you encounter without the TSPatch installed?
Message 12 of 28 (3,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked. kind of. the scroll rate in game is ridiculous. even on the lowest setting the scroll rate is way to fast. ideas?

Message 13 of 28 (3,104 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@imccormi If you're using cnc-ddraw, you can edit "maxgameticks" option in ddraw.ini. For me, the best value is 120.
Message 14 of 28 (3,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

tried that path and it didn't work

Message 15 of 28 (2,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@pcobb23 WORKS ON WINDOWS 10.

THANKS!
Message 16 of 28 (2,772 Views)

★ Novice

You are an absolute legend!!! This worked for me on Windows 10 perfectly, thank you Sir!!!

Message 17 of 28 (2,748 Views)

★ Novice
@Nyerguds Thank you mighty hero. I as well just downloaded the collection and this patch worked, while the original fix op described only made the problem worse for me, on windows 10 home
Message 18 of 28 (2,546 Views)

Hero

@AngusAnarchy 

Glad I could help. There are in fact a lot of fixes out there for these games. 

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 19 of 28 (2,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I all but gave up on my TS when i updated to win10, but i found this thread and was able to fix it. game works again as of 7/21. thank you whomever created this fix!

Message 20 of 28 (2,198 Views)