Re: Since upgrading to windows 10 Red alert 3 uprising will not start anymore.

by Richard95285

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Since upgrading to windows 10 Red alert 3 uprising will not start anymore.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This was an issue from 2015 and has long since been resolved. Can this thread be closed or deleted? This place is getting necro'd

Message 1 of 7 (23,785 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Emperor-Kappa  @NoobyDelay The problem you are seeing is that software that was created for older Windows operating systems will have issues with properly working with an operating system that did not even exist when the software was written. In most cases a little tinkering on your end should solve the issues and I have had Red Alert 3 up and running on a number of Win 10 devices.

Can you try installing DirectX 9 and then running the game as admin in compatibility mode.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (23,881 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
dude... where to start... look, the game will never work on any computer that has rather Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, for some reason the game is not patched so it can work with new operating sytems. In my case the game just never worked NEVER, and to be honest i'm kinda tired of even trying. An EA support guy but didn't seem to have a clear answer for the problema, i think he just didn't have the experience to handle such problem. The technical support agent also stated that "the game only runs on old operating sytems, for some reason" he even escaned my computer, or something like that, so he could detect any problem related to my computer and not the game, everything seem fine, my computer was updated and all, everything was ok with my computer, the problem seems to be related to the game itself, thats what i think, since at the end of the day the best thing the agent could do was to give me a free key for a game of the same value. I think there's no clear solution to that problem. you can try to downgrade your GPU driver so you avoid the "EXCEPTION IN EXCEPTION HANDLER" error but you can't do that without hurting your other games since downgrading your GPU driver will cause trouble with your other more optimised games, when i say "optimised" i mean suited to run on modern OS. Sorry if this is dissapointing but thats what I know, better be tuned so you know when someone finds a solution to that problem.
Message 2 of 7 (23,561 Views)

Community Manager

@Emperor-Kappa  @NoobyDelay The problem you are seeing is that software that was created for older Windows operating systems will have issues with properly working with an operating system that did not even exist when the software was written. In most cases a little tinkering on your end should solve the issues and I have had Red Alert 3 up and running on a number of Win 10 devices.

Can you try installing DirectX 9 and then running the game as admin in compatibility mode.

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (23,882 Views)

★★ Novice
i tried that already, i was under the assitance of an EA agent during the process, altough the method just didn't work, i just don't uderstand whats going on
Message 4 of 7 (23,534 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I keep getting the same direct x 9 error.

Tried all the compatibility settings and reinstalled all the direct x runtimes nothing has worked

Mahalo

GodzillaG1

Message 5 of 7 (6,906 Views)

★ Novice

pen Steam and Right Click on Red Alert 3 game.
Then select Properties.
In General Tab, click on Set Launch Options.
In here, add the following command lines.

-w -xres 1024 -yres 768

Press OK, and close the window and launch the game.

Message 6 of 7 (6,329 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Richard95285 unfortunately this did not work. ;/ I looked for solution for about an hour now with no luck..... I get as far as seeing the game logo and then back to launcher(Origin)..
Message 7 of 7 (5,478 Views)