Red alert 3 & Uprising (ultimate collection wont launch through origin on Windows 8 pro

by SgtPeppered

Original Post

Red alert 3 & Uprising (ultimate collection wont launch through origin on Windows 8 pro

★ Novice

Hi. just bought the ulti collection but RA3/Uprising wont launch. i've installed it to another folder D : Program files x86 origin games cos my C drive which is my default folder is full. When i try to launch it, it shows briefly an ea loading logo(im not sure what's that. Probably something to do with activation ? or choosing a game and then nothing happens and origin goes back to syncing my cloud data as though i've exited my game.It wont launch.

I've tried other games in the series such as ZH which worked perfectly fine but RA3/uprising doesnt work

Message 1 of 9 (4,246 Views)

Re: Red alert 3 & Uprising (ultimate collection wont launch through origin on Windows 8 pro

★ Pro

Hm... Did you manually move the game after it was installed? Or you did specify beforehand? This is definitely a problem with the launcher, I'd recommend giving Bibber's fixed launchers a try.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/showthread.php?8350-Fixed-Launchers-for-The-Ultimate-Collect...

Message 2 of 9 (4,196 Views)

Re: Red alert 3 & Uprising (ultimate collection wont launch through origin on Windows 8 pro

★ Novice

i didnt move the game manually, only installed it on another hard drive on my computer. I believe it shows something like an EA activation UI for less than a second before the UI closes and nothing happens while origin synces the cloud storage.

Message 3 of 9 (4,191 Views)

★ Pro

Did you try the fixed launchers?

Message 4 of 9 (4,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue too, but C&C 3/Kane's Wrath does the same thing. The splash image appears on-screen for about a second, then the game fails.

Message 5 of 9 (3,896 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem with RA3, also tried the Fixed Launchers.

Message 6 of 9 (3,838 Views)

Re: Red alert 3 & Uprising (ultimate collection wont launch through origin o

★ Novice

Brought a shovel to necro this thread.

Issues seem to be related to "ActivationUI.exe" by EA. Even fixes and workaraound won't do for both RA3 and C&C 3

Message 7 of 9 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with Red Alert 3. Launching the game shows a quick EA loading logo (in task manager this shows up as ActivationUI.exe) and then the EA App is opened and syncing. I can't find a solution, even with all the fixed launchers.

Message 8 of 9 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I managed to fix it after a lot of searching. I had this issue on a new windows laptop which had never seen the days of Origin. I just downloaded the EA App and installed Red Alert 3 from there where it wouldn't boot. After some researching I found that the game was maybe looking for some Origin files (because I got the game running for a few years on my PC, which I've had since 2017). I downloaded the latest Origin client from this Reddit answer and used the patch from this GitHub page to be able to use the client. I uninstalled the game from the EA app, theen booted up Origin and installed Red Alert from there. Now it works!

I'm curious if I download it again now from the EA app, if it would work. Because I know that I run it from the EA app on my pc. Nevertheless, I finally found a solution.

Message 9 of 9 (395 Views)