Re: Red alert 2 no buttons in menu

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Red alert 2 no buttons in menu

★★★ Newbie

So i buyed CNC Ultimate edition so i can play RA2. When i launch the game normal or Yuri, i see the menu but there are no buttons there, i head music and click stuff.

Message 1 of 3 (19,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Danujjus77

Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. For Red Alert 2 there's a more general patch that solves a lot of its graphics problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve graphics issues for many people. It may help with that one, too.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and launch the game.

[edit]

Apparently, to fix the menus problem, these options in the dwrapper config file (aqrit.cfg) should help:

FakeVsync                = 1
NoVideoMemory            = 1

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (19,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Nyerguds wrote:

@Danujjus77

Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun have all been upgraded with community-created unofficial patches that fix a lot of their bugs and compatibility problems. For Red Alert 2 there's a more general patch that solves a lot of its graphics problems. You can find them here:

Command & Conquer 1:

Red Alert 1:

Tiberian Sun:

Red Alert 2:

• The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve graphics issues for many people. It may help with that one, too.
    Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and launch the game.

[edit]

Apparently, to fix the menus problem, these options in the dwrapper config file (aqrit.cfg) should help:

FakeVsync                = 1
NoVideoMemory            = 1

Message 3 of 3 (342 Views)