Original Post

Re: Red alert 2 black screen with sound and mouse

★★★★★ Newbie
@farez101 it did nothing at all
Message 71 of 97 (4,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, everyone,
I downloaded the command & conquer collection from Origine. Red Allert 2's and Yuri Ravenge's interest goes up (hear the sound) but the screen is black (no picture). Anyone with a solution? recommendation?

Message 72 of 97 (4,425 Views)

★★★ Novice

This link is full of malware and spyware. BEWARE!!

Message 73 of 97 (4,288 Views)

★★★ Novice
@itzko-Man The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve the "black screen" issue for many people.

Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and the game should work.

If you still have problems with RA2 even after this, I advise installing the CnCNet installer for RA2/YR. It comes with a bunch of automatic fixes, and has a configuration tool which offers more choices in graphics fixes than just DDWrapper, so if one doesn't work you can just try if some of the other options do the trick.

There are a few other things you can do to help RA2 to run better:

Tweaking certain compatibility modes can help a lot
Make sure to disable Origin In Game overlay in the Origin settings for the game
Install Bibber's fixed game launchers
Some people have reported this tutorial fixing issues with the menus not appearing.
Message 74 of 97 (3,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi ,

Did you solve this problem ?

I am asking you because i have the same problem .

Thanks

Message 75 of 97 (3,836 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I don't have issue starting the game but whenever I switched windows from the game (when I press alt+tab), and when I go back to the game, it's gone. It's frozen black but can still trigger sounds and actions with mouse but the screen is just black. This doesn't happen when I don't switch windows so I have to play without ever switching windows which is inconvenient. How do I fix this?

Message 76 of 97 (3,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there a way to fix this issue with having to dowloading winrar and mess around with the game files?

Message 77 of 97 (3,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

right click and go to properties > Compatibility > select "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" enjoy Standard smile

Message 78 of 97 (3,393 Views)

★★★ Novice

just install this and launch. It will connect and patch and you can then run your RA2 or Yuri with no issues. 

https://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

easy sauce

Message 79 of 97 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

skip the rest

Win10

Message 80 of 97 (3,358 Views)