by lethwyn

Original Post

Re: Red Alert2: Yuri's Revenge graphics Issue

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks, still works in 2018

Message 31 of 51 (5,497 Views)

★ Novice
thx bro after some win10 update, my yuri revenge have this pb : miscolored- everything is purple, red, green, and blue pixels like the game cannot decide what colored pixels go where.

ddwrapper solve this PB you save me Wink
Message 32 of 51 (5,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yey I think I FIXED IT!!!

Ok I got the same problems all of u got... So I started to test all here to fix the problem, but none worked good.

Finally I got the resolution 1980 * 1024 and no purple, game seem to work good. Only problem is little laggy when scrolling (maybe some else know fix).

So I went backwards to figure out what fixed the problem, and i found out exactly what (for me at at least).

if u don't got the game on Origin u can skip nr: 1, 5 and 6

First the game need to be clean so, Delete ddwrapper and all the rest u put in the game dir.

1* Start by right click game in Origin an chose repair. If not installed install first of course Standard smile

2*  If u don't started the game up yet since install do so, both yuri and red alert 2 (this only so the game makes 2 ini files.

3* Download Resolution fix YuriScreenResolution.zip (Thnx to the maker of this, his homepage for more info and settings).

4*  Run YuriScreenResolution.exe from inside Ur game dir and click Set game resolution to: 1920 x 1080 (If error missing ini then u missed nr:2) I also Clicked Fix slowdowns during play.

5* Download C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers (Also Thanx to the maker/makers). Extract to desired place. 

6* TURN OFF ORIGIN Run C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers Setup.exe make sure red alert 2 and Yuri are ticked. After this my Red Alert 2 Worked, but keep on for Yuri to work.

7* Go into game dir and find YURI.exe right click and chose PropertiesCompatibility tab, Change settings for all users now tick Run this program as a administrator and click OK

8* Make a shortcut to YURI.exe or start on Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 standard shortcut. 

9* Play the game and enjoy!!!

Hope this helps some1

Freddy out!

Message 33 of 51 (5,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Played one 56 min fight and no hiccups all worked GOOOOOD! :eahigh_file:

Freddy out!

Message 34 of 51 (5,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds wrote:

@lethwyn Wooah. Trippy.

The graphics system patch DDWrapper is known to solve a bunch of problems. It might help with this, too.

Download the zip file and extract "ddraw.dll" and "aqrit.cfg" into your game folder. Then, open the configuration file "aqrit.cfg" in Notepad, change the "ForceDirectDrawEmulation" option to 1, save the file, and launch the game again.

You'll probably never see this, but thank you. This thread has helped me several times over the years with different comps ive had and forgotten how the heck i got RA2: YR to work correctly lol. This simple fix has always worked for me so far.

Message 35 of 51 (4,528 Views)

Hero

@Waterbottles711 

I'm subscribed to this forum, and the @name in the thing you quoted means I get email notifications. I read pretty much everything Standard smile

I believe there are even more fixes available in the CnCNet online play installer for RA2, so if ever you encounter a situation where just ddwrapper doesn't cut it, even if you're not interested in online play, it might be worth installing that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 36 of 51 (4,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Nyerguds  Oh wow thanks a lot! Had no idea this existed. Would you happen to know anything about the old game Dark Colony(1999)?

Message 37 of 51 (4,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Waterbottles711 

Sorry, Besides some DOS ones, the only game I really dug into was C&C95.

'99 is an annoying generation anyway... that's already the era of nasty copy protections like Safedisc/SecuROM.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 38 of 51 (4,439 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This DDAW thing works, but the game now crashes at every cutscene. Help please?

Message 39 of 51 (4,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you should get paid, spent 1 day in finding the freaking solution together with the help of Ea employees.

did exactly as you wrote, easy, quick and magic, works.

tnx like 1000 times!

Message 40 of 51 (4,022 Views)