Re: Red Alert 3 registry is corrupt or altered error please help

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Alert 3 registry is corrupt or altered error please help

★★★ Newbie

I played red alert 3 like 10 years ago and decided to come back to it with friends and i get this error even after using the c&c online launcher and everything i followed this guide linked at the bottom i dont have whatever an egrc is, my path just ends at red alert and id dont know what to do. PLEASE HELP

link to guide 

Message 1 of 2 (1,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FancyRussian69 

That guide is for C&C Generals, not Red Alert 3.

Though the "ergc" is just a sub-key from what I can see; a "folder" in the registry tree. You can just create it by right clicking the RA3 one, selecting "New" -> "Key", and renaming it to "ergc". Do make sure to spell it correctly though.

If the system is the same for RA3 as for Generals (don't have RA3 installed at the moment) the serial appears to just be the "default" field inside the "ergc" key once it's created.

ergc.png

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,199 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FancyRussian69 

That guide is for C&C Generals, not Red Alert 3.

Though the "ergc" is just a sub-key from what I can see; a "folder" in the registry tree. You can just create it by right clicking the RA3 one, selecting "New" -> "Key", and renaming it to "ergc". Do make sure to spell it correctly though.

If the system is the same for RA3 as for Generals (don't have RA3 installed at the moment) the serial appears to just be the "default" field inside the "ergc" key once it's created.

ergc.png

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 2 (1,200 Views)