Red Alert 3 can not play online why ?

by Dennis198212

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Alert 3 can not play online why ?

★ Novice

Hello everyone

I bought 2 times Red Alert 3

one on the EA and the STEAM but they both will tille connect to online games why not ?

but buy a game to use all of the rights which are also online games and that was the only reason I bought it was to play with friends

Message 1 of 13 (40,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Red Alert 3 can not play online why ?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dennis198212

Red Alert 3 used GameSpy for its online servies, but GameSpy shut down its game servers on May 31, 2014.

However, don't worry: people from the C&C community have long since taken care of the problem, by starting their own community-managed online servers for the game. You can find those at cnc-online.net. Specific setup and installation info can be found on the "setup page" on their site. Standard smile

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (41,492 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dennis198212

Red Alert 3 used GameSpy for its online servies, but GameSpy shut down its game servers on May 31, 2014.

However, don't worry: people from the C&C community have long since taken care of the problem, by starting their own community-managed online servers for the game. You can find those at cnc-online.net. Specific setup and installation info can be found on the "setup page" on their site. Standard smile

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 13 (41,493 Views)

★ Novice

many thanks now it works :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 13 (40,791 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same issue,

I used revora account login detail

Downloaded the revora launcher

Hooked red alert 3 on the revora launcher

Launch RA3 from its shortcut

revora launcher opens

Clicked RA3

Game launched

Logged in using revora account login details

Error message "specified account or subaccount could not be find.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Message 4 of 13 (28,261 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Mixanicos You're sure you followed these steps correctly?: "For Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 3, log in [in-game] with the e-mail address you used to register, your server password and a nickname of your choice." and "Create the login name and password you will use to log into the server with your game." Following the whole setup guide, should not result in any problems: https://cnc-online.net/en/setup/ Please follow them to the letter and report back if it worked Standard smile
Message 5 of 13 (28,003 Views)

★ Novice
@mrtnptrs Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by server password? I didnt register any server
Message 6 of 13 (27,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MixanicosPlease, just read the manual here: https://cnc-online.net/en/setup/ Look at all the images to get all the instructions and you will see "server password" in the second image. Not that hard to just read a guide, right? :P I know this is a forum where we help each other, but I'm not gonna chew everything so you would only have to swallow :P; as chewing, the only thing you have to do is read that guide Wink If you still don't understand it after doing that, then please report back...

Message 7 of 13 (27,872 Views)

★ Novice

I did open it but images were not sliding, i i will open it from my pc. Thank you

Message 8 of 13 (27,837 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Mixanicos Haha, try to follow that guide when reading it on the PC then. As Revora/C&C:Online is of course a Windows-service, I don't think they fully optimized their site for mobile phones....
Message 9 of 13 (27,810 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mrtnptrs still could not connect to play online

Message 10 of 13 (13,259 Views)