Re: Red Alert 3 - Reached License limit

by Metal_Masher

Original Post

Red Alert 3 - Reached License limit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

After my most recent re-install of my computer (i re-insall my PC every year or so), Red Alert 3 gives me the warning that my licence limit is reached, and now i cannot play it anymore.

Is there a way to "unlock" my licence-key, because i want to play my originaly bought Red Alert 3.

Thanx,

Ivo van Beek

Message 1 of 10 (10,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i hear ya bud,i need a new comp. and want to save my RA3 (it was downloaded) ,i susspect i will have the same problem, why should i buy a new game when this one working perfectly?

Enock

Message 2 of 10 (10,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Irwanok, you should be able to avoid this situation by using the deauthorization tool before finishing shutting down your old PC for good. Link here: http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/gamesList.html

thasorceror, please contact support, they should be able to assist you through Live Chat. Be sure to keep your old Product Key to hand.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 10 (10,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same problem.

Message 4 of 10 (10,286 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I need help too on this problem, but instead on Ra3 Uprising.

Message 5 of 10 (10,282 Views)

★ Pro

If you didn't use the deauthorization tool EA customer support is your friend.

Message 6 of 10 (10,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your tool doesn't detect the game.

Message 7 of 10 (5,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pabelchgen 

What situation are you talking about here? That sounds like you did a Windows upgrade or something. Always treat full Windows version upgrades as a reinstall of the operating system, and deauthorize any such games beforehand, and reinstall them afterwards, to be sure all their settings are correct.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 8 of 10 (5,520 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if you fixed your problem yet or purchased a new copy, but I found out that you can activate the product code (retail version) via Origin.

Message 9 of 10 (2,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As Blitzkrieg_HOSS said I also registered my physical key as well (Premier Edition) and the game is now registered in my Origin account :eahigh_file: so my copy is safe and there was a 581 megs repair/update in order to get the game to work which is fine in my books.So registering your physical key to your origin is the way to go.

Message 10 of 10 (2,690 Views)