by adamconwell86

Original Post

Re: Red Alert 3 DirectX

★ Novice

doesnt work  i tried it but still cant play keep says drx error

Message 11 of 40 (9,168 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Nyerguds Has this issue progressed at all. Brand new laptop (yesterday), new version of Origin and Direct X (also completed the patch above) and firewall review. Same issue in Mar 2020. Does anyone know if it was rectified? Very frustrating
Message 12 of 40 (8,298 Views)

Hero

@Arbelete Hmm. @mrtnptrs knew some other solution... something about deleting some dll file?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 13 of 40 (8,234 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Nyerguds Yeah haha, look in the installation folder of the game and delete "dbghelp.dll" Standard smile
Message 14 of 40 (8,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mrtnptrs Didnt work for me :-(
Message 15 of 40 (8,188 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Anuubish You followed the previous proposed solution of installing DirectX 8.1 too? Did you install any game mods/modifications? Also make sure to update your graphics driver. Make sure to run the game with your dedicated graphics card from NVidia/AMD instead of the crappy integrated graphics chip (through the NVidia Control panel and the AMD-equivalent). Does that help?
Message 16 of 40 (8,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes i did all of that, and more. After one week of googling and trying every possible fix i gave up. 

Message 17 of 40 (8,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AnuubishPlease then fully re-install the game as many "fixes" people on the internet often give don't work or even break the game. Do other CNC-games than RA3 work for you?

@NyergudsIs it just me or do I see an unregularly high spike in people getting this DirectX-error and where the usual fixes (DX-reinstall and dbghelp.dll removal) don't help.... Or has this always been the case?

Message 18 of 40 (8,136 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope no CNC games work, same for sims2 and lots of other onder games. :-(

Message 19 of 40 (8,128 Views)

Hero

@mrtnptrs 

Indeed... wonder if there's some new Windows 10 update throwing a spanner in the works or something.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 20 of 40 (8,113 Views)