Red Alert 3 DirectX

★ Novice

I downloaded Red Alert 3 from Origin.

But, after launching I keep getting the message -

Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify

that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you

do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display control

panel.

I have Windows 10 installed and have been through numerous troubleshooting with the EA staff - who are about as useful as tits on a bull.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 40 (46,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Red Alert 3 DirectX

[ Edited ]
Hero

@adamconwell86

Peculiar. I didn't know RA3 had that too.

The problem is actually that the "or higher" part of the error message is wrong. Microsoft didn't include all of the older DirectX components in the newer DirectX. Meaning, the solution is to install DirectX 9.0c to make sure you got all the stuff the game needs.

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Of course, this seems to be a pretty catch-all error message, so if that doesn't help, it could still be one of the other possibilities mentioned in the error.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 40 (47,499 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@adamconwell86

Peculiar. I didn't know RA3 had that too.

The problem is actually that the "or higher" part of the error message is wrong. Microsoft didn't include all of the older DirectX components in the newer DirectX. Meaning, the solution is to install DirectX 9.0c to make sure you got all the stuff the game needs.

• Download the DirectX Redistributables package from June 2010. Be sure to uncheck any other junk they want to add to it. It should be a file called "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe".
  • Run the downloaded file. It'll ask for a folder to unpack in. Make a new folder somewhere on your disk and unpack it there. It doesn't matter where you unpack it; it can be deleted afterwards anyway.
  • Go to the folder where you told it to extract.
  • Find "DXSETUP.exe", and run that to install the missing components.
  • After the installation finished, delete the folder you unpacked everything in.

Of course, this seems to be a pretty catch-all error message, so if that doesn't help, it could still be one of the other possibilities mentioned in the error.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 40 (47,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi I have the same issue its still not working. I did all what you said. 

Message 3 of 40 (45,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue. Contacted EA and nothing. They told me to try this but its still not working.Compatibility mode doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 40 (44,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi I have the same issue its still not working.

Message 5 of 40 (43,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same problem
Message 6 of 40 (43,726 Views)

★★★ Novice

same problem!! doesnt work

Message 7 of 40 (43,540 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem solution doesnt work!

Message 8 of 40 (40,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Personally, the game does not support the latest windows10, not the system problem

Message 9 of 40 (39,840 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did not work, i am unable to play C&C 3 on Windowsm10 via Origin

Message 10 of 40 (38,893 Views)