Re: Read Alert 3 - Uprising: Fatal Error when Launch

by Volkymaniac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Read Alert 3 - Uprising: Fatal Error when Launch

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone;

I have Red Alert 3 Uprising installed with Origin a long time ago and works perfect. But now when I launching for play the logo of RA3 Uprising appears then give me a Fatal error that says EXCEPTION IN EXCEPTION HANDLER then a window appears that the program need to close. I have installed Red Alert 2 that works perfect and this is an old most than uprising. Somebody have the same issue and fixed. Any hints fixes will be appreciate. I attach an image of the issue.

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 8 (4,794 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, the issue was resolved!! Simply what I did was to downgrade the GPU driver. As I mentioned before, I have a PCIe GPU AMD Radeon HD 7700 1Gb. With the latest driver version 17.12.2, the game Red Alert 3 Uprising give the Fatal error Exception in Exception Handler, that cause not to launch it. I decide to downgrade to version 17.11.4 and the game launch perfect and working excellent. So if you have that GPU and want to play Red Alert 3 Uprising in windows 10 64 bits, simply try to downgrade the driver version as mentioned above. You find the driver here for that graphic card, but there's others GPU that use the same driver. I mean AMD radeon only:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Releas...

Thanks Nyerguds for your tips and comments

Happy Holidays!!

Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (6,646 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Volkymaniac

Hmm. I've seen this issue on C&C3 / Kane's Wrath before, and there it was actually a bug in the Intel HD driver. Do you happen to have an intel HD integrated graphics card?

If so, first check if you have a different card, and try using that. If it's nvidia, there is a specific menu in the nvidia control panel to select which graphics card to use for which program. I assume other graphics card driver tools should have a similar feature.

If you don't have a different graphics card, the only solution we found so far was to install an older driver from 2014. The driver version 10.18.10.3643 was confirmed to fix the problem.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 8 (4,771 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Nyerguds and thanks for your fast replay. I'm not using my integrated GPU in my PC, I'm using a PCI express ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 1Gb with up-to-date driver. Windows 10 is up-to-date too. I check the graphic card software and not see any settings that probably affect... I not know what change. I don't want affect my others games with any change in the settings. I'm searching the internet for clues to any changes to fix that issue with exactly that graphic card and game... thanks for your tips.

Message 3 of 8 (4,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Volkymaniac

If you have an integrated graphics card though, make sure to check your settings to to ensure that RA3 is indeed using the correct one. The instructions are listed here:

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202305784-Changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-d...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 8 (4,755 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, the issue was resolved!! Simply what I did was to downgrade the GPU driver. As I mentioned before, I have a PCIe GPU AMD Radeon HD 7700 1Gb. With the latest driver version 17.12.2, the game Red Alert 3 Uprising give the Fatal error Exception in Exception Handler, that cause not to launch it. I decide to downgrade to version 17.11.4 and the game launch perfect and working excellent. So if you have that GPU and want to play Red Alert 3 Uprising in windows 10 64 bits, simply try to downgrade the driver version as mentioned above. You find the driver here for that graphic card, but there's others GPU that use the same driver. I mean AMD radeon only:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.11.4-Releas...

Thanks Nyerguds for your tips and comments

Happy Holidays!!

Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (6,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Volkymaniac,

You are my hero!!!

I had the same error with "Red Alert 3" (No Add-On). I have an RX 560 and had the latest drivers installed, which are 17.12.2. Now I downgraded to 17.11.4 and it works like a charme after hours of searching the web.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 8 (4,612 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Awesome!!!! Glad to help you out. Happy Holidays.
Message 7 of 8 (4,608 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi everyone, this is to notify that the latest driver for AMD Radeon HD 7700 1 Gb works great with Red Alert 3 Uprising. The latest driver is version 18.2.1 and that is the link: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64
Message 8 of 8 (4,139 Views)