RA and RA:UR not starting correctly

by Pandafood

Original Post

Accepted Solution

RA and RA:UR not starting correctly

★ Novice

Not sure if anyone still browses this thread.  I purchased this collection a while back and since have had newer laptops.  So anyways I open the EA app and install the game.  The other games ( as far as I know, Tiberian Sun sets) work fine.  But the RA2 and RA:YR don't work.  it'll take me to the selection page for the two games but once I click on one it takes me to a black screen.  Weirdest of all is that I can still hear the sound and music but it's just a black screen.  Anyone have any solutions to this?  This was a child hood game that I've always enjoyed.  Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4 (599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: RA and RA:UR not starting correctly

Hero

@Pandafood 

I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen on startup" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings. Just install it, and then launch the game normally through the EA app.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (579 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Pandafood 

I advise installing the CnCNet online play installer for RA2/YR. Even if you're not interested in online play, it comes with a bunch of automatic fixes. It should automatically take care of the "black screen on startup" issue, and has a configuration tool that allows further tweaking of the game's settings. Just install it, and then launch the game normally through the EA app.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 4 (580 Views)

★ Novice

Whoever you are, I owe you a friggin beer.  Thank you.  Worked like a charm. 

Message 3 of 4 (572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also just bought the collection and I'm having issues opening up C&C generals/zero hour. Once I click to open the game and select which one to play I get an error message saying I don't have the minimum requirements/the hardware is overheated when I just got this PC this Christmas. If anyone knows a work around I'd gladly appreciate it.

Message 4 of 4 (527 Views)