Re: Possible to get a "default/fresh" install on C&C Generals?

by MidnightRGB

Original Post

Possible to get a "default/fresh" install on C&C Generals?

★★★★ Novice

I have had C&C Generals like forever, one of my all time favourites.

Bought the Ultimate Collection as my current laptop is without a disc drive.

No problems running it, everything fine after inital setup and bug iron out.

Installed Worldbuilder.EXE big mistake.

Now when I go to Generals, within seconds B.S.O.D. or laptop reset, cannot uninstall Worldbuilder, is there anyway to get a fresh Generals install from Origin, one without the Worldbuilder saved? (Very helpful EA saving all the stuff in game folders) Frown

Message 1 of 6 (546 Views)

Hero

@MidnightRGB 

In Origin, use the Repair function on the game entry. It'll redownload everything, and I believe it removes any files it doesn't know.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you, will try that. 

Message 3 of 6 (521 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got my fresh install, thank you.

Problem still exists and I have no idea why.

Worldbuilder has gone for good, now as soon as the title screen appears, my laptop has a fit and reboots instantly.

This never used to happen. Frown

Message 4 of 6 (511 Views)

Hero

@MidnightRGB wrote:

now as soon as the title screen appears, my laptop has a fit and reboots instantly.

This never used to happen. Frown

Umm... I don't think just the game can cause something like that. Is that the only program you have such issues with? Reboots like that may point to hardware problems or driver conflicts Raised eyebrow

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 6 (496 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Nyerguds

Well thank you. I checked my recent hardware and installs, turns out Generals does not like my USB3 network card. I unplugged it and yay, one game completed, no problems.

Thank you very much :D
Message 6 of 6 (484 Views)