Only German language in non-German Origin account for C&C Ultimate Collection

by Anduvir

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Only German language in non-German Origin account for C&C Ultimate Collection

★ Novice

I have a problem with Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection. I reside in Poland (and it is set like that in my account settings), have Polish credit card connected to my account and I have Windows and Origin in English. However, Origin wants to install this pack only in German. I have no option for either English or Polish. Is there a way to fix that?

Message 1 of 4 (1,171 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Only German language in non-German Origin account for C&C Ultimate Colle

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anduvir

EA is not allowed to sell the non-German versions in Germany, because they are missing the censoring specifically put in place in these versions to conform to German censorship laws. So yeah, that can cause issues like this.

The quickest way to solve these kinds of problems, from my experience, is to contact an Advisor via EA Help, get a live chat session, and explain your issue there. These people can actually look into the system and your account details to solve such things.

Note that the unofficial patches and freeware versions for C&C1 and RA1 also add multi-language support, with the censorship removed from the German games (and the freeware Tiberian Sun is simply the English version).

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,329 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Anduvir Language is usually set by geographical region the game was purchased from. Did you buy the game on Origin in Poland or a store there? 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,145 Views)

★ Novice
I actually did not buy it. I have Origin Access. But it might be the case as I added it to my library while my visit to Germany.
Message 3 of 4 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anduvir

EA is not allowed to sell the non-German versions in Germany, because they are missing the censoring specifically put in place in these versions to conform to German censorship laws. So yeah, that can cause issues like this.

The quickest way to solve these kinds of problems, from my experience, is to contact an Advisor via EA Help, get a live chat session, and explain your issue there. These people can actually look into the system and your account details to solve such things.

Note that the unofficial patches and freeware versions for C&C1 and RA1 also add multi-language support, with the censorship removed from the German games (and the freeware Tiberian Sun is simply the English version).

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 4 (1,330 Views)