Mods with The Ultimate Collection

by Raven19884

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods with The Ultimate Collection

★★★ Novice

So I've followed the steps given in the thread by Kl4andri, and I can now launch my C&C3 directly, but i can't find any instructions on how to install mods or get them working. Specifically I'm trying to play the Tiberian Dawn mod from Moddb. Where should I be putting the folders? What command line arguments should i use?

Message 1 of 20 (64,747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mods with The Ultimate Collection

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Raven19884

There's a readme.txt included in the mod's rar archive that explains the process, actually... but I'll just expand on that:

How to start a C&C3 mod if you got The Ultimate Collection

1. Get to the mod browser

-Install Bibber's Fixed Launchers for TUC.
-In Origin, go to [Origin] -> [Application Settings] -> [Advanced]. You will see a section at the top that says "Your games will be installed to the following location". Select and copy that location.
-Open a Windows file browser window, paste the copied location in the address bar, and press [Enter] to go there.
-Go into the "Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" folder.
-Drag "CNC3.exe" to your desktop, and hold down both [Ctrl] and [Alt] before releasing it, to create a shortcut.
-Rename the shortcut to "C&C3 Control Panel"
-Open the shortcut's properties, and behind everything on the "Target" line (including quotes), add a space and then "-ui" (without the quotes)

Now you can open the C&C3 control panel, click "Game Browser", and open its Mods tab.

2. Adding mods to C&C3's mods tab

-Open a Windows file browser window, type (or paste) "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\" in the address bar (again, without the quotes), and press [Enter] to go there. This should go to your Documents folder (In Windows 7, anyway).
-If there is no folder called "Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" in there, create it.
-Inside that folder, make sure you have a folder called "Mods"
-Inside that folder, create a folder for the mod, and put the mod's files inside it. Make sure the .skudef file is inside that mod folder, and not deeper down the tree.

(Re)open the Game Browser on the C&C3 control panel, and the mod should show up in there.

Extra: how to make a shortcut straight to a mod

It is possible to launch C&C3 mods without using the C&C3 Control Panel, though the instructions for this are largely the same as to get the C&C3 control panel link.

-Create a shortcut to CNC3.exe as described in the first section.

-Open the shortcut's properties, and behind everything on the "Target" line (including quotes), add a space, then "-modconfig" (without the quotes), then another space, and then the full path of the control file of the mod (surrounded by quotes). It's the file with the .skudef extension.

So if your C&C3 is in "C:\Games\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" and your mod is in "C:\Games\mods\Tiberian Dawn", that target line will end up looking like this:

"C:\Games\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" -modconfig "C:\Games\mods\Tiberian Dawn\TiberianDawn_0.2.SkuDef"

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (66,730 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Raven19884

There's a readme.txt included in the mod's rar archive that explains the process, actually... but I'll just expand on that:

How to start a C&C3 mod if you got The Ultimate Collection

1. Get to the mod browser

-Install Bibber's Fixed Launchers for TUC.
-In Origin, go to [Origin] -> [Application Settings] -> [Advanced]. You will see a section at the top that says "Your games will be installed to the following location". Select and copy that location.
-Open a Windows file browser window, paste the copied location in the address bar, and press [Enter] to go there.
-Go into the "Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" folder.
-Drag "CNC3.exe" to your desktop, and hold down both [Ctrl] and [Alt] before releasing it, to create a shortcut.
-Rename the shortcut to "C&C3 Control Panel"
-Open the shortcut's properties, and behind everything on the "Target" line (including quotes), add a space and then "-ui" (without the quotes)

Now you can open the C&C3 control panel, click "Game Browser", and open its Mods tab.

2. Adding mods to C&C3's mods tab

-Open a Windows file browser window, type (or paste) "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\" in the address bar (again, without the quotes), and press [Enter] to go there. This should go to your Documents folder (In Windows 7, anyway).
-If there is no folder called "Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" in there, create it.
-Inside that folder, make sure you have a folder called "Mods"
-Inside that folder, create a folder for the mod, and put the mod's files inside it. Make sure the .skudef file is inside that mod folder, and not deeper down the tree.

(Re)open the Game Browser on the C&C3 control panel, and the mod should show up in there.

Extra: how to make a shortcut straight to a mod

It is possible to launch C&C3 mods without using the C&C3 Control Panel, though the instructions for this are largely the same as to get the C&C3 control panel link.

-Create a shortcut to CNC3.exe as described in the first section.

-Open the shortcut's properties, and behind everything on the "Target" line (including quotes), add a space, then "-modconfig" (without the quotes), then another space, and then the full path of the control file of the mod (surrounded by quotes). It's the file with the .skudef extension.

So if your C&C3 is in "C:\Games\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" and your mod is in "C:\Games\mods\Tiberian Dawn", that target line will end up looking like this:

"C:\Games\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe" -modconfig "C:\Games\mods\Tiberian Dawn\TiberianDawn_0.2.SkuDef"

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 20 (66,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Can't seem to get any of this to work and Bibber's website is down for "maintenance" is there any other way to get this work?

Message 3 of 20 (62,132 Views)

Hero

@ImmortalJoker66

I uploaded a backup here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k5h7hnv753xdzge/cnctuc_launchers-20161112.zip

Hope that helps you out.

Message 4 of 20 (62,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So on bibber's website for the ultimate edition launcher, it says this "Due to an Origin update the launchers are no longer functional." 

Does anyone know if there is still a way to get these mods working for Ultimate edition C&C games?

Message 5 of 20 (61,444 Views)

★★ Novice

me too im having that problem but also the https://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/ site doesint work anymore so idk what we can do to get the mods to work i think we are screwed

Message 6 of 20 (54,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@TokinGreenmonkey 

I got you, fam.

This also goes for anyone else who's interested in this topic. On Steam, I've posted a guide on how to mod The Ultimate Collection without the use of Bibbler's launchers (since Bibbler is pretty much done making updates for them).

It's a pretty simple process if you follow the guide accordingly; there's also a GitHub link at the bottom of the post to a mod launcher I've made that simplifies the entire process (of which I'm still working on)--check it out if you'd like.

Here's the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/24790/discussions/0/1643170269562236674/

Message 7 of 20 (53,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

bibbers version appearently being blocked somehow i use bibbers exe and it shows origin and but the game whont even start so now that isnt even helping anymore
and the odd thing is origin says the game is active but it isnt when i try to shutt off origin

Message 8 of 20 (50,004 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BriggenKane Bibber doesn't support his launchers anymore, so it is likely that a future Origin-update will break or already broke support for these launchers. But it is more likely that you suffer from a known issue that has been around for 2 months, caused by a Origin-update. This causes the games not to start anymore, see here for a workaround: https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Can-t-launch-C-amp-C-The-Ultimate-Collection-g... Did the workaround fix your problems? Standard smile
Message 9 of 20 (49,977 Views)

★★★ Novice

i get that however origin and tuc edition of C&C doesnt matter iff you add start options they are ignored somehow like the -ui
and still then somehow the game canot find the mod folder even though its in the same place as always

Message 10 of 20 (49,960 Views)